31. Day Off

Basking in the fact that I'm held speechless, Marcel leaves me in my clouded thoughts as he pulls his hand away from my chin. What the hell is this?

Wishing Ella's presence would cut me from this engagement, I'm sadly disappointed, but relieved as Marcel begins a new one.

Slapping his hands together, Marcel delays my circling thoughts to say, "I have the day off. You have the day off. Let's go do something."

I assume by opening my mouth, a coherent sentence would come with ease. I was wrong. 

A notification from my iPad grabs my attention and becomes my excuse. "I really need to finish this manuscript."

Marcel doesn't do well with rejection. It doesn't surprise me when his face bunches together and lips tighten. God forbid I give anything my attention with him in a 2-mile radius.

"Angel," Marcel strips me of my work. "you have the day off." 

With premeditated ideas, my Partner in Crime steals my hand as he rises to a 6-foot stance. As his accomplice, I rise as well, ready to follow with the plan.

"Where are we going?"

"The bedroom, duh?"

He gives me a goofy face as if a trip to the bedroom is routine for us. Okay, wait. 

As I stall, his expression grows worse. Still, I convoke his name. "Marcel."

"You have to get dressed." We resume climbing up to my bedroom.

Does that mean you have to come upstairs while I get dressed? Do you want to pick out my outfit?

"I wanted to stay in my pajamas all day."

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"I know where you keep your panties." He chuckles through a proud grin. 

The fresh discovery snatches my hand away from his. I want to throw him down the stairs, but I settle for a mild push. 

"You may look more mature with your haircut, but you're still a child."

When I go to step over him, Marcel chooses to crawl up the rest of the stairs. I thought I was about to lose my life, but Marcel recovers and supports my weight.

"Angel!"

"I'm sorry! I fell!" I defend as I try getting up. Marcel resumes his crawl with me sitting on his back. Well then. If you insist. Tapping the inside of my thighs against his ribs, I pep, "Giddy up horsey."

"Hell no." As Marcel pulls himself to his feet, I tighten my legs around his waist and lock my arms around his neck. Nope, I'm not leaving.

"Giddy up." I giggle.

It's well-documented that Marcel loves putting me in uncomfortable situations. Maybe I'm a dummy for not climbing myself out of said uncomfortable situations.

Long story short, this guy got me to ride the London Eye. Sigh.

All too often, I see this Ferris wheel. Not once has the thought occurred to me to hop on it! Even though I held on to him for dear life, I was ready to serve Marcel to Ella on a silver platter.

The arcade was more my speed, but I should have taken the severity of Marcel's competitiveness into account from our time in Amsterdam.

"You know you're going to lose, right?" I step on to the platform of Space Invaders.