38. Morning Show

I think Marcel's upset with me. The car ride back to the hotel was uncommon. He wouldn't look at me and his words were minimal.

Was I that crude? It was a joke for crying out loud! Lesson learned. I'll be more classy. Geez. If you think I'm going to sleep with him irked at me, you have another thing coming.

Incidentally, I mosey into Marcel's bedroom and edge up the bed to join him. He's laying on his back with covers up to his neck.

"Whatcha doing?" I watch him before the flashing TV that brightens the dark room. He doesn't answer. Instead, he cuts his eyes at me. "The NoteBook?" My tone is as dead as my face is pained.

His offense sits in the small arch in the corner of his lip. Is that a snarl approaching?

"It's sappy." I shrug towards the TV.

"You can leave. You know where the door is. You just came through it, love."

The smallest smirk snakes across my lips. Pulling them in, I strangle it away. Over my shoulder, I continue to toy with the annoyed guy. 

"That's why you didn't call me in here, because you're watching this of all things?"

Marcel's glare commences, but before he can intimidate and tear me down, I turn back toward the TV.

"Excuse me. I like this movie. I know you've watched it and cried." He presumes.

"Have you cried watching this?" I check on him, but he quickly switches his gaze to the TV. "Is that why you have the blankets up to your face, ready to catch fallen tears?"

"This isn't about me." His blink is slow and overflowing with attitude. Awwwww. "Stop looking at me."

"No."

From the slow and fixed tilt of his head, Marcel tries figuring out what's gotten into me. With an assumption, his darkened eyes narrow. "You've gotten your hands on more wine, haven't you?"

"We're back at the hotel!"

"Your ass is gonna get in trouble."

"ApPARENTly, my ass is already in trouble."

"Be quiet, I'm trying to watch a movie. You come in here bothering me."

"Sappy movie." I say under my breath, soon to feel Marcel's foot pushing me towards the edge of the bed. "Stop!" I giggle, now claiming a spot in the middle of the king-size bed.

I planned on watching the rest of the movie until I tried rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes.

Shuffling about, it seems that Marcel wants to keep me awake as well. Through an overstated sigh, I check to find that he's ridding the blankets to make room for me on the right side. 

So that's what you wanna do? You can't, Angel. 

Due to my delay, he taps the open spot. 

Oooweee. 

Just go with it, Angel. Stop thinking so damn much.

I crawl to the top of the bed and slide under the covers. My body relaxes into the heat Marcel's created. That came easy. It was harder to bypass the lump in my throat as his eyes traced over the elevated sheets. I don't know when's the last time he had a woman in his bed, but he seemed indifferent to my company. I'm having heart palpitations.

You're in bed with Marcel, you idiot. Y'all aren't floating on top of the sheets. You weren't just playing around and fell asleep through a movie. No! He wants you to sleep here with him. He wants... wants to wake up to me. No, you idiot. He just knows you're sleepy and he's making your life easier. No, I like the first, few theories.