Chapter 5

The villager who threw the bottle of wine grinned evilly, "Hahaha! You want to know? You really want to know?"
This is an S-Class secret, but who cares? You Uchihas know all about those..."

The raven furrowed his eyebrows even lower, if that were possible, still having no idea what these people were saying.

The villager continued, "This boy right here..." his trembling finger pointing at Naruto, "... or should I say demon..."

"Don't." Naruto croaked.

"This demon right here is .... The Nine Tailed Fox."

Sasuke couldn't believe it. This can't be right. Naruto's just a human! How can he be a demon?

"No. No. It isn't possible. The Kyuubi was killed that day." He looked back at Naruto who looked hurt and traumatised, making him feel unsure of himself but continued anyway, "You're drunk. It's making you say strange things. I suggest you go home."

"What did ya say?! I'm not mad! I'm speaking the truth."

"Right. And you've been friendly with Naruto." He said sarcastically.

The young Uchiha then threw a kunai at the wall right next to the man; missing his ear by inches.

"I already told you. I suggest you leave." His now red sharingan eyes glinting with rage.

Frightened by his visual prowess, the cluster of villagers scampered away from Naruto's home.

Naruto fell to his knees and let out a sigh of relief. He had cuts on both his forehead and his left cheek from the broken wine bottle.

Breaking the silence, Sasuke questioned, "Because they're drunk and are told crap like that, do they... always do this to you...?"

It took a while for the blonde to reply, but when he did he said, "I guess there's no point in denying it any longer." he paused, almost choking on his own words, "What he told you was the truth. Well, partially the truth anyway.
"I'm not the Kyuubi; however it's sealed inside my body. That's why they treat me this way." His still traumatised eyes stared at the raven sadly, "I'm not surprised if you do the same."

"Why the hell would I do that? Do you really think my opinion of you can just change because of that thing? It may be sealed inside you but that doesn't make you the Kyuubi. If anything, you should be known as the hero of the village."

He was reaching breaking point. Naruto's mask began to crumble. "B-but it did such disgusting things... such a horrible creature inside of me..." he clutched his own shoulders as tears streamed down his face, "I can't control it sometimes, you know! Like in the Land of Waves, or the Forest of Death..."

'You're not afraid are you? Scaredy cat!'

Those red eyes... That behaviour. Sasuke understood now. In that moment in the forest of death was not Naruto. He looked into the very eyes of the fox himself.

"You usuratonkachi! Who cares about that?! You're still you! Besides, that day in the Chuunin Exams... because of those unique abilities you saved Sakura and I."

Watery blue met with onyx. The now known Kyuubi container couldn't believe what his teammate was telling him. He Suddenly wrapped his arms around Sasuke and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, Sasuke." He mumbled into his chest.

Sasuke blushed and crouched down to Naruto and hugged him back. For some reason, he wanted to stay like this forever. To never let go. Little did he know the dobe beside him felt the same.

With hesitation, the raven finally let go and said, "Come on. Let's go patch up those wounds." He pulled the trembling blonde to the bed to sit.

He once again asked where the medical kit was and found it buried under a mountain of clothes. Sasuke began to wrap a bandage around Naruto's already sprained ankle. Searching through the box with all the basics for medical treatment, the boy found cotton pads and alcohol.

"For your cuts." He stated showing the items to the Uzumaki.

The Uchiha poured the alcohol on the cotton pad and carefully applied it on the boy's cheek.

Too close... Naruto thought as he felt his face growing hot.

There was a short distance between them. The raven haired boy suddenly felt the urge to stroke his cheek. He was noticing the way the boy's blonde hair always looked nice no matter how messy it was. He noticed how beautiful those big shining blue eyes were. How adorable the whisker like marks on his cheeks were. How kissable his lips were.

Without thinking, Sasuke grew even closer and kissed him. Naruto was so shocked and didn't know what to do so he kissed back.

Realising what he was doing, Sasuke pulled away. "S-Sorry. I didn't know what I was doing. Just forget about that oka--"

Naruto clenched his blue shirt, pulling him in for another kiss. This time, more passionate. Until, they ran out of breathe.

"Do you... want to know one of reasons I've been so out of it?" Naruto panted.

"What?"

"It's because... I haven't been able to stop thinking of you." He had his real smile on his face, staring lovingly at the raven.

It was the most beautiful sight Sasuke had ever seen.

"I've never realised it before, but.... I really like you, Naruto." He confessed while blushing madly.

Naruto laughed, "I like you too."

After holding each other for what seemed like forever, Sasuke asked, "Does that mean we're in a relationship now?"

Naruto looked puzzled, "Oh... No, Sasuke we can't."

"What?! Why?"

"Because! You heard what those villagers said before, right? The great Uchiha Survivor dating the Demon Fox? Besides, we're both guys. How do you think they'll react?"

"Who cares how they'll react? It isn't about them. It's about us." He grabbed Naruto's hand and clenched it.

After being convinced the blonde replied, "Alright, then. Yeah, I'll go out with you!"

Sasuke smiled, "You know, if your more comfortable with it being a secret I'm fine with that."

"Oh yeah, Sakura...." he grumbled.

His new boyfriend chuckled, "Yeah. We have to keep it a secret."

The Last Uchiha and the Kyuubi Jinchuriki spent the rest of the night holding each other.