Chapter 7: Can You Stand The Rain

America stared at the rain, it was thundering and pouring hard. And America didn't want to stay in the house, Polan went back home to be comforted by his friends. And America......

America suddenly got up and grabbed his radio and phone and slowly walked down the stairs, know one was downstairs. So he grabbed his keys and slowly opens and closed the door.

Was he was outside he ran, he ran where his feet would take him 'Strangely, the rain isn't so bothering'

[At The Ocean]

The waves crashed and roared with powers but it was calling to Maerica and sing and dance his pain away.

America sets down the radio and turns it on, suddenly the rain began to flow with the music, and the ocean began to quiet down to see the performance.

America began to dance, he began to feel like a bird in the sky; craving to be free and safe.

On a perfect day, I know that I can count on you
When that's not possible
Tell me can you weather the storm?

America felt it, did he really trust Russia? Did he really think he and Russia could work out with such small knowing?

'Cause I need somebody who will stand by me
Through the good times and bad times
She will always, always be right there

Is that so hard to ask for? Was that what Russia didn't have for him to see? It hurt so much, the rain began to quiet, and the ocean began to shift slowly.

Sunny days, everybody loves them
Tell me baby can you stand the rain?
Storms will come
This we know for sure (This we know for sure)
Can you stand the rain?

America could ask Russia that, would he run away I'd things got hectic? Or would he stay and help with the damage. It was so confusing yet so frustrating.

Love unconditional, I'm not asking just of you
And girl to make it last
I'll do whatever needs to be done

America really loved Russia, maybe that's why he's so heartbroken over this. Maybe Poland was wrong and saw something else? Would that be the case?

But I need somebody who will stand by me
When it's tough she won't run
She will always, be right there for me

Sunny days, everybody loves them, tell me, baby
Can you stand the rain? (Can you stand it?)
Storms will come (I know, I know all the days won't be perfect)
This we know for sure (But tell me can you stand it)
Can you stand the rain? (Can you stand the rain?)

America sung louder, the song was picking up and the rain seemed to only be shallow at this point.

Can you stand the rain
(Can you stand the rain?)
(No pressure, no pressure from me, baby)
This we know for sure
Can you stand the rain ('Cause I want you, and I need you, and I love you, girl)
(Tell me, baby)
Can you stand the rain
(Will you be there for me?)

America just wanted to held by him, to be kissed lovingly; to be whispered soft words that only he could hear. That was what he wanted, he still wants it.

Can you stand the rain
(Can you stand the rain?)
Can you stand the rain
(Will you be there, girl?)
Can you stand the rain
(Storms will come for sure)
Can you stand the rain
(Can you stand the rain?)
Can you stand the rain
(This we know for sure)
Can you stand the rain
(This we know for sure)
Can you stand the rain
(This we know for sure)
Can you stand the rain

Keep chanting, keep chanting it. The storm will go away, it will flow away with the pain and sorrow you once felt.

The thunder crashed with the beat, America began to see the that storm was slowly stopping. The more he danced the more he began to realize, the sun was coming out. It was shining down on him, like grace and warmth.

Yeah, it's gonna but I know, I know I'll be right there
(Can you stand the rain)

"It's gonna be alright, everything is going to ok for me"

He let his breath go, the sun was shining down. The rain was gone and the sea was once peaceful again, as almost as it it needed the song to calm itself down.

He stated up at the sky and smiled 'Is this what I needed? What am I even doing to myself'

Suddenly he heard clapping behind him, America already knowing who it was. He turns around slowly and sees Russia staring at him with shock and awe.

America picked up his radio and phone and began to walk away. Not even looking back or saying hello.

'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...' America hummed to himself in his head. Today felt okay, not good; but ok.

[To Be Continued]