Chapter 20: Let Me Go

America floated around, his spirit in a unrest position. He stood above looking down on his body as they try to keep him alive, rushing him to surgery and leaving his poor brother Canada alone to break down crying.

America looked at everything around him, he knew that perhaps his time was slowly coming. And if he were survive, then that would be his last warning.

America let a deep sigh and began to float around, he went into the waiting room to see Russia. He was sitting down, head bowed down showing no emotion. His body was shaking and he was covered in a small amount of blood, America slowly looked at him and began to see something all to familiar.

One more kiss could be the best thing
But one more lie could be the worst
And all these thoughts are never resting
And you're not something I deserve

America wanted to hold Russia, he wanted to tell him that everything was ok and that he shouldn't blame himself.

He hears the door opening and slamming, he sees his oldest kids there. Looking frantic and ready to burst into tears.

In my head there's only you now
This world falls on me
In this world there's real and make believe
And this seems real to me

Canada came in and saw the state's, he rushes to them "W-what are you-!?"

"Is dad ok!? We got a call from Texes telling us what happened!" Maryland wailed out, New York quickly comforted her and moved her to the back of the group. Maine shook his head and stares back at his uncle "Kids i....i don't want to give you the benefits of the doubt"

You love me but you don't know who I am
I'm torn between this life I lead and where I stand
And you love me but you don't know who I am
So let me go
Let me go

America couldn't bare to look at this scene, he floats away not wanting to hear the crying and pain of his children.

'I can't go like this...'

I dream ahead to what I hope for
And I turn my back on loving you
How can this love be a good thing
When I know what I'm goin' through

America felt a sudden pain in his chest, he tried to understand what was going on but his mind was scrambling.

Memories of his life began to flash before his eyes.

You love me but you don't know who I am
I'm torn between this life I lead and where I stand
And you love me but you don't know who I am
So let me go
Let me go

"

We're loosing him!"

"More blood transfusion stat!"

"Damnit! I don't think this kids is going to survive!"

And no matter how hard I try
I can't escape these things inside I know
I know
When all the pieces fall apart
You will be the only one who knows
Who knows

The memories, the Times where he was happy. All flashing before him, he couldn't go on. He just couldn't, tears began to fall out of his eyes and he looks back the grieving people he was about to leave behind

"Y-you have to let me go, I don't have a reason to stay here anymore-!"

You love me but you don't know who I am
I'm torn between this life I lead and where I stand
And you love me but you don't know who I am
So let me go
Let me go

And you me but you don't
You love me but you don't
You love me but you don't know who I am
And you love me but you don't
You love me but you don't
You love me but you don't know me

A warm hand settled on his head, he jumps at the sound of a voice "Then let me help you give a reason to stay"

America slowly turns his head to face the women he lost so many years ago "M-mom!?"

"Yes little one, I'm here to convince you not to pass on"

"W-what!? Why!?" America shouted out, Native America only shakes her head "If you truly wanted the people around you happy, you would know that you are the one that makes them happy"

Native America takes America's hand and leads him away from the waiting room "Come now, I will take you down a memory lane to help convince you that your still needed here"

America wanted to protest, but he couldn't. The sudden sight of his late mother left him speechless, he couldn't believe she was back and here to help save him from death.

How.....motherly.....

[End]