~*The Cure*~

Paulo paced outside the dormitories with a dilemma in his mind. Much to his disappointment Delia was too shy and was not doing anything herself to break Devian's barriers. Or maybe she was just too careful.

His boss was hidden inside his room for the past three days since he got a warning from the angel worried that he might become what he hates.

Just when Paulo was about to give up and turn back, she walked out like an answered prayer. 

And he noticed that she came out to collect a pizza delivery. It made sense because why would someone like her walk out at eleven at night. With her luck, even the pizza delivery guy could be a mugger.

Luckily for Paulo though she noticed him and her eyes widened with a smile on her face.

With the large pizza in her hand, she walked towards him with her ever trusting nature.

"Hi Paulo, what are you doing here?" She asked.

And even though Paulo has repeated the speech several times in his head, he was tonguetied now. Why was he here? Why was he hoping that the girl Devian hated will be the one who could heal him?

"Boss is unwell." The words tumbled out of his mouth.

The immediate worry on her face was relieving.

"What's wrong?" She asked slightly panicked.

He can't just say that darkness was overwhelming him so Paulo shared a simplified version. And Devian might get angry at him for calling her.

"He has been in his room for the past three days, he barely eats. He is in pain." He summed up.

But thankfully the girl didn't need much convincing or reason.

"How can I help?" She asked ready for help not caring about the time.

"Come with me?"He asked and she immediately nodded.

As Paulo walked towards the car, she called up Wendy to let her know that she was leaving as an emergency.

Apparently, Wendy was out of the room, unlike her who spent most of her free time in her room.

She sat down and then realized that she was in her t-shirt and pajamas. She had slippers on and a messy bun atop her head. She mentally cringed at her image but didn't a word now losing a chance to change.

"What pizza flavor?" Paulo asked.

"Barbeque and cheese." She answered feeling nervous all of a sudden on her attire.

"It's Boss' favorite."

That made her smile.

~*~

She shivered as soon as she got down from the car, realizing that the wind up there was colder.

Paulo opened the door for her with his own key," It's the first floor, second room to the left," and then left to park the car.

Even though she came on a whim, her feet froze when she was inside the house. For some reason, she felt like an intruder.

But a shattering of glass caught her attention and she started moving again avoiding the kitchen in view because it reminded her of fire and she had no time for a panic attack.

She rushed upstairs as directed by Paulo and stopped in front of the door of his room. Again, hesitation came over and she felt her hand go cold in nervousness for no particular reason.

"You are here to help Delia, don't be such a coward." She said to herself and gathering all her courage she opened the door.

She gasped in shock as she saw the state of the room, it was a mess made in rush of anger. Things laid on the ground scattered and broken. And yet her footsteps made no noise as she carefully made her way from the small corridor inside the room.