Chapter 3

Hermione's POV

It was the middle of the day I was already so exausted ! Ron has been so annoying, he kept kissing me and holding my hand we even had some fights especially since I agreed with what Malfoy said earlier. We both knew our relationship wouldn't last but he didn't want to admit it. His kisses felt like it was just wrong and I'm sure he'd agree with me. Maybe Ginny wasn't wrong after all...

So I decided to talk to him after lunch. I took him apart for a private conversation and I could see on his face there was just fear because i don't do that often.

Come on Hermione you can do this you're a Gryffindor !

"Look Ron...I-I don't think our relationship is working so well and-" I said but got cut off by him.

"I-It's okay Hermione, I got it...We're better as friends..." A sad smile appeared on his face.

Oh no...What have I done?

I stayed here shocked, I didn't expect him to react like that. I gave him a smile and hugged him and we both went to our common room. I didn't have any lesson this afternoon so I decided to read a good book in the common room. Reading helped me forget about my problems and here to forget about Ron for a while. After a while I hear the portrait opening and Malfoy's voice swearing. I looked up and I watched him laying on the couch besides me before untying his tie. He caught me staring and he grined.

"What are you staring at Granger ?" 

"At you stupid, whatever how can you sit besides a mudblood?" I responded.

He rolled his eyes and said ;

"Stop calling yourself Mudblood , you're a...Muggleborn..." he said.

I raised and eyebrow and he chuckled gently.

"Ok just remember : I've changed, I used to be jerk because I had to do what people expected me to do, I had no choice" 

"Every one has a choice, and you're still a jerk Malfoy" I said laughing.

"You're not wrong, but I really want to make you change your mind about me.." He said surprisingly serious.

I bit my bottom lip and looked down at my book, not sure what to respond. He seemed really serious though but I couldn't change my mind about him. He frowned and grabbed my hand. This simple touch was like a burning to my skin and I looked up at him.

That was unusual of him

"Give me a month to prove you I'm not the same" He said.

"What If you fail?"

"I won't" he grinned.

Typical slytherin.

"Fine" I nodded knowing he would loose.

He grinned and placed his feet on the table in front of us and scratched his belly as it make noise. He frowned and turned to me.

"what was for dinner ?" he asked.

"Dinner ? Omg I forgot about dinner !" I jumped out of the couch and slapped myself on forehead.

I heard Malfoy laughing and I turned back to him, giving him a "what?" look.

"God Granger I can't believe you forgot about dinner" he laughed. 

I blushed, embarrassed and mumbled words under my breath. He laughed once more and stood next to me, grabing my hand, pulling me to the portrait.

"Where are you taking me Malfoy ? And stop laughing you haven't eaten either I suppose" 

"I meant to not go dinner, and I'm taking you to the kitchen, you must be hungry" he said with a smile.