Thirty-five

A/N: did you guys guess that one? I didn't not till I wrote it. I surprised myself. Hahahaha. So on with the party and maybe the alpha exchange not sure I might surprise myself again. But warning more surprises to come.

Kingston's pov........

The kids went off to play with the other pack kids and Lief and I meet up with Cruz and Liam. Lincoln and Sara were huddled in the corner still getting to know each other. Her parents are excited that their daughter is an Alpha mate. They have already asked permission to switch packs but to be allowed to visit. We have agreed and welcome it.

"Hey bro, nice party." I said walking up to my baby brother.

"Thanks. Looks like your friend found his mate." He said smiling.

"That he did. Look I wanted to give you your gift and not add it to the pile." I said handing him a piece of paper.

"You bought me a tree?" he asked.

"Yeah you remember that one we always played in when we was younger before lightning hit it and it burnt?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I loved that tree." he said in a whisper.

"Me to so I got one for you and one for everyone else building houses by Lief's. I also got you a gift certificate for the local tattoo shop." I said pointing at the other paper.

"Awesome, thanks." he said.

"I got you something small." Lief said handing him a card.

"Um.... thanks." Slade said.

"Your welcome." Lief said before heading over to get something to drink.

"I didn't get him anything for graduation or his birthday." Slade said confused.

"Lief's not like that." I said.

"He's not who I thought he was." he said opening up his card.

"Who did you think he was?" I asked curious now.

"Well he was openly gay at school and a lot of the guys use to talk about how he would do things for them. I thought it was gross. I thought he was gross." he said still holding the card. I wanted to kill anyone who said it.

"Who were these guys?" I asked.

"Shit, he got me Pearl Jam tickets. I'm sorry what?" he asked after a few minutes and me growling.

"I said who was the asshole who talked shit?" I asked again.

"Nobody. I took care of it once I found out he was your mate. Lets just say they won't be even looking his way for a long, long time." Slade said proudly.

"Thanks, let me know if people are still talking shit because I will hurt them." I said calming a little.

"No worries." he said doing our hand shake I was stoked to remember it.

"I love you, bro." I said hugging him.

"Love you too." He said.

The rest of the night we danced, ate and mingled with people. Lincoln went home with Sara so it was just Lief, Liam, Cruz and myself at home. Lief and I went back to the cave and made love under the water fall. It was amazing and I love that new tongue ring.

~~~~~~~~~next day~~~~~~~~~

The Alpha exchange was at noon today so we were up early and over helping change out the decorations and setting up the stage. Tonight we will run as a pack. All pregnant females will stay behind and watch the pups. When a new Alpha and mate take over you run till dawn.

"It looks great ." Lief said.

"I'm so glad we're done. I'm hungry." I whined.

"There is food in the kitchen of the pack house." Mom said setting the last table center piece down.

"Good." I said heading that way.

I ate with the kids and we played eye spy for a bit before I was called to do something else. Jace tagged along with me as we set up trash bins and lite the fires around the room.

"Why the fire?" Jace asked.

"It symbolizes health , safety and happiness. Water and earth do the same as air equals life, love and family." I said pointing to the water fountains, the outside and nice breeze we had going on.

"So the elements." Jace asked.

"Yeah exactly." I said.

"Hey guys it's time to get dressed." Lief said.

We had to dress nicely. I picked nice black slacks and a t-shirt with a suit jacket. Lief had dark jeans and a red t-shirt with white jacket. Both of us wore vans. We looked hot. We made it down to the stage and sat in our chairs next to my parents while we waited for everyone to get seated and quiet.

"Thank you everyone for coming. This both a happy day and sad day for Sasha and I. We have watched Kingston grow from a young pup into the man he is now. And now we have gained his mate Lief into our ever growing family. Because with Lief comes our four new grand pups. I couldn't be prouder or happier. And today, today I had over the job as Alpha to my son Kingston and his mate Lief. Boys, join us up at the protium." Dad said.

"I am so going to cry." mom said walking with us.

I watched my dad pull the ceremonial knife from the box and dip it in dirt, run it throw the candle and pour water over it before waving it in the air.

"We share blood of father and son but now we trade blood from one Alpha to the next." He said cutting his hand and handing me the knife to do the same. It stung but it did the trick. Blood pooled in both of our palms before we joined our hands.

"Thank you, Alpha." I said as I felt the power, responsibility and the respect of my pack flow into me.

"Lief do you except the responsibility of the pack as Luna/Alpha?" my dad asked. Lief.

"I do." Lief said.

"This is a bit different then most Luna's that take over. Sasha and I are both going to cut our and and share our blood with Lief.

And just like he said he cut his hand and then my mom did the same. Lief didn't hesitate to cut his hand and the shared blood. I could see he felt it. And after a few second they were done.

"Welcome your new Alpha's." my dad said. Everyone cheered.

Lief and I posed for pictures with and without my parents. And talked with some of the pack members.

"Okay everyone lets eat." I said allowing my new Alpha voice to leak out.

The night was filled with food and fun. I liked being Alpha.