Information

Welcome to Deepest Despair!

Please read this entire chapter! It also has a in depth explanation of this soulmate AU.

Before I explain a few things I will be issuing some trigger warnings!!

This story contains
⚠️⚠️
Cutting
Suicide attempts
Anxiety
Depression
Usage of illegal substances
Alcohol
Profanity
Abuse
Blood
Self doubt and self criticism
Character death
⚠️⚠️

If any of those are sensitive topics for you, please stay away from this book.

Now! I would like to get some information out before you guys start reading!

Hisashi Midoriya, Izuku Midoriya's father, is not actually shown in the manga so this is a alternative universe! In this universe not only is Hisashi back home, but he also a abusive father.

Also, to hopefully stop some of confusion, in the manga Izuku and Katsuki's birthdays are NOT a day apart! Izuku's normal birthday is July 15, and Katsuki's is April 20. However, for the sake of the story, I made it so they have their birthday a day apart. I've gotten a couple confused comments about this and I want to just explain that a little.

I would also like to point out that the date of their birthdays in this book are not actually established. I decided to leave that part to the readers since I don't want over lap it with any other character.

Also, Mirio's birthday is still July 15, just to clear that up.

Okay next thing!

I do not own the characters in this story! This is a fan fiction for My Hero Academia, or Baku no hero academia, which is a manga and also a anime! All credit to the characters go to Kohei Horikoshi!

I also don't own any of the art used in this, I found them all on Pinterest!

Next thing!
This is a soulmate Au which, if you didn't understand from the description, I will explain now! (With some extra info for you guys.)

At the age of 17 every single teen gets a mark on their wrist or palm. This is called a soulmate mark and it bounds you to the person fate chose for you. Some people find this gross, unfair, and dark so some people don't even bother to search for their soulmate. But fate always has a way. There are always cases of people who didn't give a shit about finding a soulmate randomly bumping into each other. It's a weird coincidence but it has made the public even more secure with the fact that soulmates are real and that fate will always bring them together.

The mark depends from person to person. Every single one is unique to their own soulmate and no two marks have the same appearance. The marks characteristics depend on the soulmates eye color, or in some rare cases it has been shown to be a mix of the persons eye color and hair color, but only in rare cases. The shape of it shows the soulmates quirk. One extremely important thing to this is that the more detailed the mark is, the more mentally hurt the person is.This is extremely interesting because the mark can actually change. Say someone gets a simplistic mark, some say a simplistic mark could be a slightly shaped blob, but over a few years the mark could become more and more detailed, showing a better representation of whatever the quirk is. The reasonable explanation of this is that the soulmate went through a traumatic experience, such as a loss of someone close to them. The most detailed marks usually come from someone with PTSD, depression, or extreme anxiety so it's not rare for schools to try and help the marked to find their soulmate.

Not only dose the person obtain a mark, once both teens turn 17, which could take years since some pairs have had over a 10 year difference, they can actually feel each other's pain. The person only feels the physical pain that something could cause, not the mental pain. There is also no side affects to the other soulmate unlike the one who had first gotten hurt. Say a person breaks their arm, their soulmate wouldn't also have a broken arm they would only feel the pain it afflicts to the person. It's a extremely scary experience for them since they have no idea what is happening. Out of the blue people could feel extreme waves of agony and no one could do anything about it. The worst part of this is that they can actually feel their soulmate die. They won't die as well, they will just feel the stages of death. Once their soulmate is dead, their mark will fade away. It's a extremely painful experience.

I would also like to point out that not all people end up being soulmates with a good person, or someone who even works with them. It's extremely dark curse that every person gets a soulmate. Since everyone gets one, that also means the creeps, abusers, pedophiles, and molesters get one. This is incredibly fucked up and dark. This is where people lose hope in soulmates, also the reason some people don't go looking for their soulmate. Of course, you don't have to be with your soulmate. It's your choice and thousands of people have picked to stay with someone who isn't their soulmate. At least those people can have a healthy relationship.

One last thing is how you figure out you have met your soulmate. One of you have to have made physical contact with one of each other's mark and it will begin illuminating white, signaling clearly that the person is your soulmate. Pretty easy to tell if you ask me!

~~~~

I hope you enjoy this, I'm a new author so it might not be the best story... hah.

This is a updated version of the book! It's actually under construction while I'm writing this and this is my newest change to the book! I'll be working on the rest shortly!