Chapter 17

I got a good sad bop for you guys 👌
Trust me on this one guys, it's literally like such a good damn song.

Okay okay, I know what some of you guys are thinking.

"WhY iS shE uPdaTInG iF tHe chaPtErS aRenT aLL rEwrIttEn?"

Mmm stop your hands for a second there bud- I'm just bored and lazy, okay? I don't even have a good reason to be writing and updating this now, hell, I still haven't even finished rewriting chapter three! I'm one lazy mother fucker, but thank you all for being so so patient with me! It really means the fucking world to me that you guys are reading and enjoying my writing! I don't really know how to explain the gratitude and love I feel for all of you, thank you!

Oh shit

I'm a sap, oh fuck.

Anyways, here is chapter 17! Meaning you guys finally get to get passed the cliffhanger! One more thing though, I haven't said it before in my other chapters or even in the description but this story is a SLOW BURN, so have fun with waiting! You guys are stuck with possibly the slowest and laziest writer ever 😅 anyways, onto the SHIT. uwu

They are blind dorks who are as dense as a rock, I'm sorry.
Oh and fluff warning uwu
——————————

Red.

Red is all Katsuki could see with his blurry vision. It was late and his body was telling him to fall asleep, but he refused to. And the consequences for that is now he couldn't clearly see Izuku's mark. He blinked, rubbing his palms against his eye lids and peered back at Izuku. He wasn't imagining it. The mark was red. Not brown, not blue, not grey, not green, hell it wasn't even some normal eye color! It was red! How many people could have red eyes? And that color. It seemed so...so familiar. However, many people could have red eyes...for christ's sake, it could be someone he didn't even know yet. It could be some extra he passed on the street, or maybe they lived across the world, Katsuki wouldn't know. Wait- why does Katsuki's even care? It's not like he's ever cared about this before. He never cared about soulmates. 'Just some useless mark that forces people to believe in true love' is what Katsuki normally said about the matter, but why now was he acting like he actually gave a damn? It's not his place to care, he would have his own mark, one that isn't green, and live his life like he had planned to since he was 8. Live alone, he didn't need people in his life to be happy or okay. Become number one and beat everyone in his path. Show people he mattered. Not that he needed their opinion on him...he just- well...okay maybe he kinda cared. Praise is what drives him to act, it fueled his pride and that's all he needed. At least that's all he thought he needed...

Even with all these thoughts swimming in his head, Katsuki still took a closer inspection on the mark, making sure Izuku didn't notice him staring. He couldn't exactly decipher what the soulmates quirk might be. It's not like it wasn't detailed, it's just that without any color other then red it didn't actually have much detail. At least at first it appeared that way, but after a few second, Katsuki noticed that there was small details in a light orange. Again, the color seemed so familiar to Katsuki, like he'd seen it hundreds of times before. If I know them, then who could it be? Katsuki wanted to reach out and lightly take Izuku's wrist to see if he could understand what the mark was shaped like.

It had two spiked masses and Katsuki could tell there was better detail to them but he was too far away to get a good look at it. If he could guess what it appeared to look like...almost like explosions? Or maybe just that was Katsuki's imagination playing tricks on him. For all he knew, it could mean to represent a damn red bush. A spikey bush... Maybe? But it didn't look like a bush- WAIT! Maybe Kirishima? Red eyes, and hell, that could pass for a rock. Kirishima had cracks all over when he hardened his body, so maybe it was meant to represent that? Or maybe Katsuki was just looking way too much into this. There was way to many holes in that conspiracy, not to mention Kirishima had a yellow mark for crying out loud! So who could it be? (EXCUSE ME BUT THIS DENSE LITTLE MOTHER FUCKER-)