Safe and Sound At Last

Loki's eyes fluttered half-open

Loki's eyes fluttered half-open. Everything else was blurry and nothing else mattered, all except the clear image of Jane hovering over him and watching over him. He could feel her soft, angelic hands caress his cheek and he could feel a spoon filled with a warm, delicious, gentle liquid enter his mouth and slowly dissolve as it slid down his throat like a pure, delicate waterfall. He could feel a smooth wet hot hankie on his forehead, and he was tucked into a very cozy, child-like, dreamy quilt. 

"Are you awake?" Jane's voice asked him. It was so close, right next to him, yet it sounded like it was a million years away. "Loki? Loki!" He was back in reality. Jane's voice was sharp and worried now. "Loki! Oh my Lord! You're okay!" She said happily, she hugged him tightly. If Loki hadn't been completely knocked out, he would have found this extremely embarrassing. But it was lovely, and he felt safe and sound next to her, as if she was his guardian angel lover, and she would never leave him again. Wait, did he just think of her as his guardian angel lover? He shook his face and blinked several times. "Oh my Gosh," He said, he looked around. He was in a pirate-like room, but it didn't seem scary or menacing, except the exact opposite; warm and cozy, filled in with a pool of love, and Loki was surrounded by it. "How long have I been out?" Was the first thing he asked. "Four hours," Jane said, caressing him gently. Then she realized what she had been doing and quickly tore her hand away, she blushed very hard and threw her hair over her face, hoping he hadn't seen it.

"Oh my God, four hours?" Loki asked. "Yeah, you were in pretty bad condition. Erik didn't even think you'd wake up again," Jane said, and Loki thought he saw her hide a glistening tear coming out of her eye, but it must have just been all in his imagination; Jane didn't care for him, she never did. "Anyways, how are you feeling?" She asked. "Okay? Fine?" "I guess so," Loki said, he tried to get up. "OH, WHAT THE FUCK THAT HURTS SO MUCH!" He fell back into bed immediately. "Loki, be careful! You're wound is still fresh, and it's still healing, so I'm afraid you won't be allowed to get out of bed for the next couple of days, maybe even a week or so," Jane explained to him. "A WEEK?!" Loki cried, then he had a fit of coughing. Jane put her hands on his face and comforted him, "Calm down, you're stressing yourself. Every time you overreact or move your body too much you are putting strain on the wound, just calm down." "But what about Thor? I must save him! He's my brother, the demons, they will torture him, kill him---" Then he realized what he was saying. 

"I thought you didn't care about him," Jane said, and he realized that she had been staring at him weird for saying all that. Loki swallowed and said, "You're right, I don't. And I don't know why you would imply that I do, I just don't want Father to hate me for slacking off on a mission to save his most favorite son. Ugh." Jane giggled, and that warmed up Loki's heart. Then he remembered everything that had happened hours before. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She was surprised.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did that crazy monster rapist maniac harm you much?" He panicked. "Loki," She said, putting her hand on his. "I'm fine. I'm still a virgin. He never quite got there." And they both started laughing. Then they both sighed and Loki lay his head back on the pillow and stared at the beautiful Jane. "Jane," He began. "What?" She asked softly like an angel. 

"Nothing," Loki replied with a warm smile. "I'm just glad to be safe. With you."