T E N / HEARTBREAKS

A Z U R E

        Azure tried her hardest to not slam the cab drivers door in frustration as she had finally arrived back to campus.

After another delayed flight and sitting hours in the airport without a phone, Azure was pissed that she had checked out of her hotel room early just to be held up until her original check out time.

To make matters worst, the airline had misplaced her small luggage, which included all of her cards, ID, and broken phone. If her trip hadn't ended bad enough, the bad luck continued to roll in. She was just happy to finally be home and let Miami fall deep into a forgotten memory.

As she began to walk towards her apartment, she realized she had taken the back way which caused her to cross paths with Kelz's dorm room. She hadn't seen him since their run in before her math test that she happened to fail, and she finally stopped texting him.

Remembering that she still needed her passport, she decided to attempt to grab it instead of waiting for months to pass. Now that she didn't have her ID, she would need some form of identification.

She took a deep breath, next making her way over to the campus apartment that sat in between two others. She climbed his stairs, feeling a wave of familiarity rush over her as she had done it so many times before.

Although she didn't want to, she gave the door two knocks before she felt it push itself open.

"What the hell?" She whispered to himself, "I told him to get this door fixed months ago."

Kelz door had been kicked in one night that his roommate locked himself out, and they hadn't gotten the knob fixed since.

From afar the door appeared closed, but once you put any pressure on it, it would easily open. Azure told him it was dangerous to not get it fixed, and he told her he would. She now knew that was a lie.

Azure knew she was trying it by entering her ex boyfriend's home while he wasn't there, however she really needed her passport and she knew exactly where she left it, assuming it hadn't been moved.

She slowly crept inside, making sure to leave the door slightly open. She checked the computer desk where she remembered leaving it, only to come up short. She began to think where else could it be, and decided to take the ultimate risk of checking Kelz bedroom. She knew she was wrong, but with no phone, and no luggage, she was getting desperate.

Azure continued to walk up the hallway, finally coming up on Kelz room. In attempt to get in and out, she hurriedly opened his door only to reveal a sight she could've gone without.

"Omg, I'm so so sorry!" she freaked, seeing his naked body from behind.

"What the fuck, Azure!?" Kelz snapped, looking behind him. Moving out of the way, he revealed the woman that was bent over on the edge of his bed, taking all that he had just been giving her.

Still standing in shock, Azure and the woman suddenly made eye contact.

"Shar?" Azure questioned, feeling her stomach drop to the deep depths of her stomach.

"Azure, ~~"

Before Shar could respond as she attempted to cover herself, Kelz viciously slammed the door in Azure's face. So many thoughts began to run through her mind as she stood there, beginning to hyperventilate.

Had they been sleeping together all along? Was she the reason he ended things between them? She suddenly couldn't think straight. Her head began to hurt and she wanted to break down in the middle of Kelz apartment, but she knew that wasn't a good idea.

However at the moment anything sounded like a good idea, like smashing all of his fragile furniture to pieces or busting the widows out.

"I hate you!" Azure yelled, punching and kicking at his bedroom door, "How could you do this to me?" She sobbed.

"Azure, go away!" Kelz yelled from the other end of the door, "I told your ass it was over. Why the fuck are you here?"

"I came to get my passport you selfish son of a bitch!" she yelled, tears falling down her face too fast to stop them. No one could understand how she felt. No one.

Hearing Kelz move things around behind the door, he suddenly slid Azure's passport underneath the opening at the bottom.

"Now go away!" He demanded.

Azure picked it up, but she didn't have the desire to leave any longer. She wanted to break down Kelz door and kill him with her bare hands. And Shar was another one on her list.

For weeks she pretended to actually care about Azure, however she was glad to finally get her out of the picture. The fact that her roommate was heart broken hadn't even phased her, because she had won in this scenario.

Azure continued to exert all of her energy into breaking down Kelz door, but once she realized it was no point, she just decided to leave with the little bit of dignity she had left.

All in all, it had been the worst four days of her life. She didn't even try to hold back her tears as she traveled the short distance to her apartment. Sadness loomed over her like a cloud, and even from a distance you could tell the young girl was broken. Just like that.

                                  . . . . . . . . . .

"That girl is nasty, just like I always told you" Justin shook his head in disgust after Azure had just finished reiterating to him her dreadful story of her return back to campus.

"I just... I don't know," Azure said, not sure of what she even wanted to say, "How could she just watch me be upset like that, knowing she was with him?"

Azure wasn't sure when Kelz and Shar began to hook up, but she was sure it was during their relationship. The way Kelz had been treating her since their breakup, she knew he had little to no respect for her, so she wouldn't have been surprised if the two were sneaking around behind her back.

"Azure, baby girl. Don't be naive, girls are not your friends." Justin simply put it.

"I didn't consider her my friend," Azure cleared the air, "Just my roommate...well until now."

A few days had passed, and instead of staying at her dorm room Azure had decided to sleep over at Justin's to get away from Shar. She wasn't sure what she would say to her the next time she saw her, if not just a punch dead in the mouth.

After showing up to Justin's door in tears, he quickly pulled his best friend in and began to play fixer upper as he had done before. Azure hadn't been back to her apartment since, but she knew she would eventually have to make that trip to gather a few personal things she needed.

She had already put in her request for a new building, and now she just had to wait for approval. There was no way in hell that she would be able to share the apartment with the woman who was sleeping with her ex.

Justin sighed, next moving Azure's frazzled hair out of her hair. For the first time since he met her, her hair wasn't perfect. She had it styled up in a sloppy bun for days on end and had made no plans to style it any time soon.

"God is going to give you someone good chica, and that man will see what he lost." Justin spoke as if his words had any weight.

Hearing his prophecy, Azure's mind drifted to the thought of Nico, and a faint smile brushed itself across her face. If there was anyone she wanted to talk to right now, it was him.

Azure barely knew him, but she was sure that he would know what to say to make her feel better. In that moment she also grew annoyed, because her phone was somewhere miles away, broken and cracked, probably with messages that he'd sent trying to meet up.

She hadn't had much luck with anything now and days, so she was sure she would probably never see the handsome stranger again.