E L E V E N / READY TO FISH

N I C O

"Yo bro, a nigga looking like money walking up to me ooohh boy." K-dot exclaimed as Nico approached him, his wrist and chain glistening from the new ice he just purchased.

Usually he didn't like to show off, however the weather was getting nice and the bitches were out - so he figured why not treat himself to an early summer splurge to bring them his way.

He could pull a chick with or without jewelry, but it was always nice to look like your bank account.

"You already know," Nico grinned, "This that big boy money."

"Uh-huh, knock a nigga out third round money." his best friend punched the air as if he was boxing.

The two doubled over in laughter, next giving each other some dap.

"How you been though bro, aside from the cash out?" K-dot asked.

"Shit, chilling. Getting ready for this nice weather, summer right around the corner damn near."

"Hell yeah, which also means no classes. You do that reading over the break for Ms. Bonnell?"

Nico shook his head no. He wasn't a fan of school, but stayed enrolled as a promise to his father to finish. Ron had already graduated, and Nico was up next to get his bachelors in engineering.

He wasn't sure what he wanted to do aside from boxing, but his father always told him it was good to have a back up plan, so he followed through.

He always believed that you should only have one plan to assure that you achieve it, however Big Muh told Nico that was a fool's story. The world just didn't work like that.

"I probably get a few notes from the shawty Monica, she do anything once I flash that smile." Nico bragged.

"Man, that's all you do is use your looks. You're worst than the females." K-dot half joked.

The two friends began to walk towards the building where their English literature class took place, checking out the campus as it was more poppin than usual.

At a nice seventy three degrees, Philly was experiencing a weather break that had everyone rushing to enjoy the warm temperature that was sure to disappear in a few days. It was March, and one day it could be warm, and the next it could revert back to winter - you never knew when it came to Philly.

"Hey Nico, hey K-dot."

Spotting a familiar female, the pair waved at the attractive associate who had been smiling flirtatiously.

"Wassup lil butt?" K-dot joked, "I see you can't hit a nigga up anymore."

"Boy bye," the female playfully waved, "I invited you to a kick back last week, and you ain't pay me no mind."

"Damn my fault, is it too late?" he asked.

The girl gave him a smirk, before shaking her head no.

"It's tomorrow night" She told him, "Y'all make sure to slide through. First party of the spring."

"I hear that, we'll be there" K-Dot promised, "Text me the address."

"Okay."

Giving the boys one last wave, she assured K-dot that she would send him the flyer before running off to her class.

"So wassup?" K-dot asked turning to Nico, "You tryna slide tomorrow night?"

Nico shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe, I'on know. You know I don't like the party scene all like that"

The two were almost at their class, as they continued their conversation about weekend plans.

"Mannn, if you don't bring yo ass," K-dot fussed, "I already know you dying to show off that chain boy, so unless you want me to wear it nigga you're coming."

Nico laughed at his friend, and just nodded okay. He couldn't argue with K-dot, who knew him very well.

Like he stated, he wasn't really into the party scene, but he figured he'd stroll through just to show his face and to get a few drinks. It would be a Saturday night, and he had no other plans than to be with Juicy or any other female that happened to pop up in his messages - all except one of course, candy girl.

He still hadn't heard from Azure since Miami, and it had been a week since he got back to Philly. While he decided to just take the rejection on the chin, he still couldn't understand what he did wrong the night in question.

As far as he knew, it was perfect; But clearly, Azure felt a certain way about the night that he hadn't caught onto.

                                    . . . . . . . .

Nico checked himself out in the full length mirror, satisfied with his outfit choice of all black designer jeans, black Timbs and a black crew neck t-shirt. His outfit was simple, but set off with the silver five thousand dollar chain that sat perfectly around his neck, along with the matching watch that was only an extra thousand to add on. He figured why not, he was now 11-0.

Brushing his waves in place, he smirked at himself because he was one good looking muthafucka.

"You ready bro?" Ron asked as he walked in Nico's room.

He never missed a good ol' college kick back, the fact that he had graduated two years ago meant nothing.

"Yeah, K-dot said just meet him there." Nico responded.

Checking the time, it was going on eleven and the party had started a hour and a half before. He didn't want to get there too early, so by the time he and his brother arrived it would be the perfect time to enter.

He didn't know what to expect out of the gathering, only hoping to score him a summer bunny to lay up with to replace the one he'd lost.