T W E N T Y - N I N E / NO MORE SECRETS

Azure waited impatiently in the waiting room of the doctors office, her knee shaking vigorously as she waited for her name to be called. It was 9am, as she had scheduled the earliest appointment - she wasn't even fully awake yet, but nothing would stop her from finding out more about the life that was supposedly growing inside of her.

It was only two days after her and Nico semi-made up and she still didn't have the guts to tell him. All in all, she really wished it was all a big dream. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, as the nurse made her way out of the back and called Azure's name.

"Azure Williams." she called out.

Azure gulped, next standing to her feet and following the lady towards the back. The first few steps were easy, weight check, height, blood pressure, temperature.

However then came the hard part. The questions. The touching of her belly, the poking, and even the machine that would show her the very thing making her sick.

Azure never felt so scared in her life, and she now second guessed going to her first appointment alone. If Nico knew, he would be right there beside her. But again, she had taken things into her own hands as if she hadn't learned her lesson the first time.

"Soo, Azure" the Doctor smiled, as she glanced over to Azure who was laid back, "You are ... six weeks."

Azure didn't know what that meant. She was smart enough to know it wasn't that far along, and if she wanted to rid the whole thing and take it to her grave she could.

She knew her mother, who was a God fearing woman would strike her down herself. And Nico, her baby Nico, oh would he hate her then. Despite the judgment from either of the most important people in her life, Azure had to do what's best for her. After talking for a bit more with the doctor, she received her discharged papers and then headed out of the office.

Since her appointment was so early Azure didn't want to awake Justin, so she ordered herself a Lyft. Leaving the doctors office, she called and let him know she would be there in a few.

"Justin!" she called out, while opening his front door.

The living room was empty, the overwhelming smell of breakfast food taking over the place.

Azure could hear Selena playing in the background, and that told her Justin was up cooking and cleaning.

She made her way fully into the apartment, next the kitchen, and there he was perfecting his fried plantains in the skillet in front of him.

"Hey bitch, how was your top secret appointment?" he said giving her an annoyed look.

While usually Justin was down for whatever Azure asked him, he wasn't happy about hiding the news of her pregnancy. He thought a baby was a blessing, whereas Azure was acting like it was the very thing that determined life or death. Plus, it was hard as hell to keep a secret. He didn't do secrets, because to him tea was meant to be spilled. Azure was better off just keeping it to herself, because he was sure to spill the beans sooner or later.

"Don't look at me like that." Azure said dropping her bag on the counter.

"Like what? Like someone who hasn't learned their lesson?" Justin said giving her a sarcastic smirk.

Digging into the fridge, Azure grabbed a drink and then began to look for something quick to eat. Her stomach was growling, and unfortunately she wasn't a big fan of plantains. Justin watched as she searched the nearly empty fridge for food, and smirked when she came up empty.

"Baby got you hungry huh?" Justin searched her for a reaction, "You know I'm broke, however I'm sure ya baby dad would love to bring you some food."