F I F T E E N / DUCKING YOU

"Thank you for letting me stay here Justin, I really appreciated it" Azure said as she packed away the last of her things.

Two weeks had gone by, and after being at Justin's for a complete month Azure knew it was time to get back to her own apartment. Whilst she didn't want to, Justin's roommate wasn't feeling living with two other people - one being Azure who had been invading the couch for way too long.

"No problem" Justin assured her, "If Johnathan wasn't being annoying you could stay, I know how hard it's going to be going back."

"It's fine" Azure responded, "I really don't even care anymore." she shrugged.

Justin gave her a sly smile, and Azure gave him a confused expression.

"What?"

"You don't care because you're getting that back blown out by Nico, I ain't stupid girl."

Azure blushed.

"We're friends"

That's what she convinced herself. But the truth was, Nico didn't treat her anything like a friend. In all of three weeks, it seemed as though the two were inseparable. Azure tried her best to not grow feelings, but he made it so hard.

From picking her up everyday from class or work, to her spending hours with him until he took her back to Justin's late at night. He was sweet, gentle, everything a man should be. She found it to be the universe's cruel joke that he didn't want a relationship. How could she be so close, but so far away from loving again.

"Well ask him can I be his friend too?" Justin said giving his best friend a knowing look.

Azure laughed out loud, next grabbing her bags, "Bye, Justin"

"Byee"

The friends gave each other a wave, and Azure made her way outside. Sure enough, Nico was parked outside in his Maxima, the windows down as he blasted a few of his favorites on his playlist.
Once he spotted Azure, he hoped out to open the passenger door for her.

"How are you?" He asked, opening the door.

Azure smiled, "I'm fine. How was your work out?"

"The usual."

Hopping back into the drivers seat, Nico pulled off seconds later, "You ready to go back home?"

"Yeah, I have an exam tomorrow so I should get studying now. My wifi there sucks though so hopefully my messages will go through when we text."

She still hadn't purchased herself a new phone, nor did she get the old one repaired after finally receiving her missing luggage. Her check from work wasn't much, and she spent majority of her savings on her Miami trip and she was still digging herself out of that hole. She wasn't sure when the next time she would be able to afford a new phone, causing her to be best friends with her laptop.

"About that." Nico smiled, reaching into the back seat.

Pulling an apple store bag to the front, he sat it in Azure's lap, "Look inside."

Azure couldn't believe the gift. Nico had purchased her the newest IPhone that had just dropped, and she immediately she knew she couldn't accept it.

"Oh Nico no, I can't take it" she said, putting the phone back in the bag, "I wouldn't feel right."

"Why not?" He asked, scrunching his brows.

"We're friends." Azure said, convincing herself to feel that way.

"I know, that's why I got my friend a gift"

Azure gave him a defeated look, and he began to laugh.