Chapter 36

Here's Plague

 Warnings: None

Warnings: None

     ~Vikk's P.O.V.~

"Are you sure I can't punch him in the face?" Jerome mutters to Mitch, casting a sidelong glance at Lachlan.
"Yes."
"What if I just break his nose a little?"

Lachlan clears his throat loudly and I stifle a laugh as Jerome immediately shuts up. Lachlan catches my gaze and rolls his eyes in mock exasperation before a cheeky grin spreads across his face.

"As I was saying..." Lachlan continues, casting a meaningful look at Jerome, "We had decided to send out three teams to round up all the people in the smaller villages. Mitch, Jerome, and I were one of the teams and we were in charge of all the villages to the East. We were gonna have everyone take refuge in either Seto's, Chimneys, or Rob's places, but since it just so happens Rob is a white gem we are currently one base short."
"Well not necessarily. If we can find someone to rule over my base in my place, I don't have a problem with guarding citizens there. The only thing is, having been isolated for so long, I don't know anyone who'd be fit for the task."
I nod, pitching in a second problem. "On top of that, if you three were supposed to be the team in Rob's neck of the woods, we'd need an additional three people to replace you."

     After safely exiting the Nether, and filing several thousand mobs through a large nether portal, Jerome and Lachlan put their differences aside to construct a simple wooden shack. Preston guarded Rob, regularly checking to make sure he was in good health, and I pondered on what the fudge I was going to do with these mobs. For now they're all frolicking in a field, standing by for further instruction. Once Rob finally woke up, more introductions were made, our journeys were shared, and Mitch insisted on one of those stupid bonding games where you go around a circle saying your name, one interesting thing about you, and yadda yadda yadda. Honestly it did work, but I wasn't about to admit it to him. After that we all shared our powers, and Mitch produced a diamond key with a black gem in the centre afterwards. Apparently the three of them had already encountered the endermen hybrid key holder Endi, and along with the help of some others such as King Sky, killed him and obtained the first key. All this talk of royalty made me feel rather self-conscious, so I've opted to stay quiet for now, only speaking when spoken to.

      We voted Rob should be the one to guard the keys, and now Lachlan is telling us about this whole rescue plan they made with the famous Seto. Such important people are involved in this... why did I have to become a white gem? I'm probably the least qualified one here. Even Preston probably has more real-world experience than I do. I ponder inwardly, glancing over to Preston who is silently stroking Silvers head, deep in thought. During our Nether excursion Rob forced Preston to leave Silver at home. And now Preston has forced Rob to teleport her here. Processing this whole situation once again, I find myself thinking back to the simplicity of my old home. Where everything was quiet... laid back... safe. If I hadn't been dragged into this whole thing, I would still be... normal. I pout, looking at my zombified body in disgust. Suddenly I find myself feeling quite homesick. I frown, my mind wandering. I just want to go home.