Chapter44

I really need an updated profile icon... but instead of drawing it myself this time, would anyone like to make one for me :)? Just curious <3 (PM me)

Warnings: None

~3rd P.O.V.~

"Vikk!"

The sudden cry of an eager witch shatters the delicate silence, and Vikk whirls around. One moment his vision is painted with lush green grass and sunny skies from happier days, and the next he's standing in the empty black abyss of his mind. The call echoes in the darkness and Vikk blinks a few times, dazed and confused to his whereabouts. He isn't awake, but he's not asleep, so where is he? This hollow place strikes Vikk's nerves and his eyes dart around, the space around him carrying a constant persona like he's just missed something. The feeling of searching from someone in a room, and yet everywhere you go, it feels like they've just left.

He pivots back around, searching for some sign of his fleeting dream, and suddenly he realizes he's not alone in this strange place. The sight of this red-nosed stranger startles Vikk and he jumps in fright. To Vikk he looks both real and physical but also like if he were to even breath in his direction, the boy would fade away into dust. This unsettles Vikk more and the stranger before him seems to waver.

"Hi!" The mage, well known as Chimney greets cheerily, although his uneasy smile betrays him.
"Who are you?" Vikk asks, although his struck nerves makes it come out more like a harsh demand than a question.
"People call me Chimney." Chimney answers easily, pushing his wide rimmed glasses up the bridge of his nose.
Recognition flashes in a Vikks mocha brown eyes, and instantly everything seems a bit more stable. "Oh I've heard of you. You're like, Seto's rival or something, yeah? I think Lachlan mentioned that you're one of the people housing refugees..." he trails off, instantly feeling more at ease in the presence of a friendly figure... for once.

Chimney sighs in relief as his foothold in Vikk's conscious firms. Since Vikk has the power of a white gem backing him up, if he had gotten even a tad more nervous, the raw force of his willpower would have kicked Chimney out in a snap. And then things would be even more dire then they already are. At first he'd tried to reach the dreams of Rob and then Lachlan, both of whom he's met before, but for some reason or another he couldn't interact with them. The same went for the other three, and Chimney was losing hope like a smothered flame until finally he managed to project himself into Vikk's mind.

"I'm so glad I was able to reach you! I apologize for barging in like this."

       Vikks brain practically drowns swimming in all the questions in his head, but he chooses to remain silent. Chimney looks kind of anxious to tell him something, and the last thing Vikk would want to do is accidentally screw something up. An echoing groan of a zombie bounces off the walls of this strange place and Vikk's nerves flare, nearly kicking Chimney out. The witches eyes flicker and he glances nervously behind him, redoubling his efforts to silence the outside world.

      "Things are getting really bad here-something's ticked off Herobrine and he's sending armies of mobs to attack us. Pat has been forced to close the entrance to Rob's vaults and they're all stuck inside with no way to get resources. The mobs are even starting to push through Seto's forcefield and he said he doesn't know how much longer he'll be able to hold them off before he's gonna have to make it impassable even to allies. The Eastern and Western search parties we sent out are helping Seto defend his base all except for Brice who's still running around trying to find survivors, but it's not doing much. So right now anyone that's lucky enough to be alive is fleeing here, but so are a ton of mobs. My point is, do you have all the keys yet? Because we're running out of time, and fast."
         Vikk gulps, massaging the nape of his neck. "Well... we just got the third key and Rob mentioned earlier he'd be able to open a portal to the End with his End magic but..."
          Chimneys eyes narrow. "But what?" He prompts.
          "Preston he... he was killed."

         Devastation flashes in Chimneys eyes and his mouth moves to speak when suddenly a chorus of mob cries fills the space around us. Chimney curses under his breath, whipping around and firing a magic bolt at some unseen enemy. The mobs voices rise exponentially in volume, pounding rhythmically in Vikk's ears.

     A moment and both Vikk and Chimney fade into the darkness.

~~~

     ~Herobrines P.O.V.~

      "That blasted evoker! I could have ended this had the fool not gotten so cocky." I fume, rage surging through my veins as the pack of footprints disappear, snowy ground quickly giving way to hardened clay.

       The flock of scouting phantoms swoop back around to me, hissing our their utterly empty reports. Growling in frustration, ripping at my hair, and blasting the nearest phantom to searing bits in a feeble attempt to relieve some anger.

     It doesn't work.

     "Keep looking!" I bark, the phantoms speeding off to avoid ending up like the last one.

      They could not have gone so far so quickly! Vikram was the only one conscious, and Preston is dead. I ponder, scanning my surroundings carefully, looking for any clue as to where they could be. I attempt sending out a seeking spell, but their blasted gems hide them from my sight, wether it be x-Ray or anything of the like. So I'm forced to look for them manually, hoping to take advantage of their weakened state and finish them unlike that stupid evoker.

       A flash of sick pleasure fills me as I glance at the remains of a city. Oh the look on the peoples terrified faces as I burned their homes to the ground... the mere thought fills me with an addicting bloodlust that I crave more than anything else in this pathetic world. Pausing for a moment to take in my glorious handiwork, I examine the hillside closely. As my eyes land on the entrance to a gaping old mining cave, a wicked grin spreads across my face. Somewhere inside movement reveals the scared little prey I seek.

       Floating haughtily over, power surging through my fingertips, I send a powerful and expertly aimed bolt of lightning cracking into the cave. The electricity is fatal, but as I approach the electrocuted figure, I frown in displeasure. Just a stupid enderman. Scowling I kick it's steaming body to the side, turn on my heel, and fly away.

~~~

Question of the chapter:

What do you think would've happened if Herobrine had found the unaware Pack?