Chapter 37

Warnings: None

~Seto's P.O.V.~

     As Rob's image fades away I force a smile and wave until finally he disappears. However the moment he's gone my smile fades, replaced quickly by a frown. How come Rob gets to be a white gem? Am I not good enough? Surely my skills are far superior to his. Well... were. I sulk, staring at my blue gem with disgust. Sighing heavily, I stand up and stretch my hands high above my head, the bones in my back popping and snapping as I release the tension in my body. Whatever. Instantly feeling better, I wander over to a window in my bedroom overlooking my swampy domain. Outside the sun is beginning to set and Brice, Pete, and Matt are ushering in a new host of refugees to my base. Brice notices me watching and gives an energetic wave. I wave back, smiling tiredly, and retreat back into my room.

     "What I need," I yawn, hanging my cloak up on a coat rack and jumping into bed, "Is a good nights sleep."

       Pulling up the velvety purple sheets to my chin, I push all my negativity to the back of my mind, determined to be the bigger person and not let such childish feelings have power over me.

~~~

     I stand atop a high tower, adrenaline coursing through my veins and wind tussling my hair as I weave magic I've only dreamed of. Crowds cheer as I raise their loved ones from the dead, mobs quake in fear as I summon powerful beasts from your darkest nightmares, only they obey me and do my every bidding. The world bows down at my feet, chanting my name and praising my name. It feels great. It feels right. I have enough prestige to leave my murky swamp and travel through the jungle, across the ocean, all the way to Notch's Castle where the people welcome me as their own, deeming me the most powerful mage in all the land. There is nothing I desire I can not obtain, my magical abilities stretching far beyond those of even a white gem. I smile in satisfaction, gazing down at my loyal subjects.

      And then in the blink of an eye it is gone. I am surrounded by nothing but darkness, my power stripped away like bark. I growl, thirsting for that pride and control once more.

     "You want it, don't you?"

      I turn to see none other than the white eyed Herobrine, standing there with such a fake smile it makes me sick. I say nothing. Instantly I recognize this as a dream. I've visited the dream plane before. How dare Herobrine intrude here?

     "I know how you feel."
     "Do you now?" I counter, words sharp and unforgiving.
     Herobrine chuckles darkly. "Yes... the thirst for power. Respect. It is a hunger I seek as well, you know. But do you know what the difference is, my dear Seto?"
       "..."
       "I have it."

        The words hit a chord somewhere deep inside me, but I do not let any emotion reveal it. Herobrine simply smirks in amusement, white eyes gleaming.

      "Oh Seto, sweet Seto, don't you know I have full understanding of every thought, every feeling, every desire you have? Do not try and hide it from me. You are not in control."
       "Get out." I demand, glaring daggers at the fiend.
      "Oh I'm so very sorry. It's seems I've misunderstood. See, I thought you longed to be praised by humans, hybrids, mobs... everyone. I thought you craved that power. But clearly I must be wrong. You know... I have the ability to make that desire a reality. The dream I showed you, it was not unrealistic, if you were to join me. However, if you truly wish for my to leave, then leave I shall."