What started out as friendship has grown stronger

20 February 2017
Dean drove for an hour, music blasting at top volume, just clearing his head, but when he passed a diner that was advertising the best pie around he had to stop.
He parked up and walked inside, he ordered a pecan, cherry and apple pie, he was going to wash away his troubles in pie. As he got halfway through the second one the door dinged and in walked Sammy, he took the seat opposite Dean and grabbed a fork, normally Dean wouldn't share his pie but this time he knew he shouldn't try and hog 3 pies. Sam tucked into the one Dean was eating, Cherry, and they both sat for a while eating. When they moved the last pie, Sam started to talk
"So whats going on Dean?"
Dean looked up from the pie and frowned.
"Cas said you just upped and left, what happened to you keeping an eye on him?"
"Yeah, I think I took that to far" Dean mumbled to himself.
"What happened?"
"Well- I - We"
"You kissed him didn't you?"
"WHAT?"
"Well you did, didn't you?"
"How the hell did you know? Were you watching? If so thats creepy dude"
"EW, NO, I just worked it out. You have this thing between you, everyone can see it. I know it's more than this 'profound bond' Cas talks about"
"Well-" Dean blushed
"Dude, it's fine, its not as bad as that one time I walked in on you and-"
"-No, its worse!"
"How"
"Im so confused Sammy, I'v never been into guys, and i'm NOT"
"Well I think the kiss speaks for itself"
"But-"
"Have you ever stopped to think that you are attracted to Cas, not Jimmy"
"What? They're the same person!"
"No, I mean, you might be attracted to Cas' personality and not what he looks like? Angels are supposed to be genderless right?"
Dean stared blankly back at sammy, and took a sip of his coffee, not getting the point he was trying to make.
"So that would mean technically you are still straight. That is until you have sex"
Dean nearly spat out his drink. He started choking and when he regained his calm he stared back at Sam and scowled
"What the fuck is wrong with you Sammy? I was so scared, I had to run after we kissed, what the hell makes you think we'll get that far? Or even if I want to?"
"Ah, deniel. Look Dean I know it will happen cause you love him, say what you will, I know you and I know it's true"
Dean started to say something but Sam cut him off with a fork full of pie- the best way to shut him up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the drive back Sam had taken the car he had stolen, as to return it, so Dean was on his own in the impala. He sat, and drove, and thought about Cas, and thought about what Sammy had said.
He was right. Its Cas' mind not body, its how sweet and innocent he is, its how brave and protactive he is, and its how loyal he has been to me and Sammy. Iv always loved him!
When he got back to the Motel room he was determined to talk to cas about what had happened, to tell him what he meant to Dean, but when he got there he couldn't find him. He looked everywhere in and out of the motel room. He was searching the veranda area when he noticed the note on the motel room door, he must have missed it somehow.
"I thought it would be better for you if I left. I just wanted you to know, you were the closest thing I found to love."

"SAM" Dean smashed on Sam's door "SAMMY!!! HE'S GONE SAMMY"
Sam opened the door with him jacket on "Lets go find him then, ill take the north route, you take south"
Sam hopped in his stolen car without another word, and sped off.
Dean climed into the impala and raced out of the motel parking. He drove for about 20 minutes when he saw a familiar trench coat clad figure wandering by the side of the road. He pulled up by the side of him and got out. Cas sped up his pace.
"Get back here Castiel"
Cas turned around slowly.
"You get back here right now"
Cas slowly approached Dean. He was hobbling slightly from his wounds.
"Let me help Cas"
"Are you sure you want to be around me?"
"Always" Dean said as he reached Cas. He hooked his arm around the back of Cas but instead of helping him he just lifted him off his feat and carried him to the car.
"Dean..."
"Shut up and let me help" Dean interrupted. He placed Cas along the back seat so he could lay in a more comfortable position. As he moved to the drivers seat he looked back to Cas and reached his hand out to stroke his face gently
See, that didn't feel so bad, just do what comes naturally, what feels right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the drive back Cas and Dean didn't talk much, at all actually, but when they arrived back at the motel Cas got out slowly, still struggling from his wounds.
"Ill go rent another room"
"What for?"
"Me, obviously Dean, you dont want me around, I underst-"
"No you dont Cas"
"But you left"
"I was scared Cas, Im not anymore"
Cas tried to say something but was cut off by Deans lips crashing into his. It was feirce and exciting, but also passionate. Cas ran his hand through Deans dirty blond hair while the other gripped Dean's waist tightly and pulled him against himself. Dean who had forgotten that they were outside, in clear view of anyone who wanted to watch, ran his hand down the back of Castiel's body and lightly squeezed his ass, this caused a small moan to escape his lips. Dean wanted more than anything to hear that sound again.
" FUCK. MY EYES!!!" It was Sam.
The two pulled themselves apart and dean casually covered his crotch as he turned to Sammy.
"I see you found Cas" Sam winked at Dean "Thanks for telling me"
"Sorry, I got a bit distracted."
"Yeah, I can see that" Sam looked at Cas, who was blushing a deep shade of pink. "Nice to have you back"
Sam pulled Dean into a big hug.
"Well done bro, you faced your fears" He whispered.
"Im so glad I did" Dean whispered back. Sam pulled back and started opening the door,
"Does that mean planes are next?"
"Fuck no!" Dean said as he opened his own door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they got in, Cas watched from the bathroom as Dean stripped off his outer shirt and swapped his jeans for sweats, then climbed in bed and switched off the light. Cas cleaned up and applied new bandages. He then got down to his boxers, as he had no other clothes to wear, and slipped into Dean's bed. Dean was pretty much asleep by this point but he turned over and threw an arm over Cas' bare chest. Cas smiled to himself.
"My hunter, I love you" he wispered after Dean had fallen asleep. Then he turned over and snuggled up against his friend. Or were they more now?