Its time we bring this ship into the shore

18 May 2017
Cas chased Dean out of the room, leaving everyone behind to deal with the Baby and Kelly.
"Dean! Come Back!"
He caught up with Dean on the porch of the cottage and grabbed his arm to turn him around.
Dean was normally so strong, but in this moment he let himself become weak. He yanked Cas into a hug and cried into his shoulder. Cas rubbed his back and soothed him. "Its alright Dean. Your allowed to be upset. Im here. Ill look after you"
Dean finally pulled away and wiped at his wet face with his jacket sleeve.
"I just- Im scared..... I wanted this child before... But now its here and Kelly's........."
"I know Dean, realisation hit. I understand. But we're in this together remember. We'll get through this."
"You always know what to say" Dean smiled and kissed Cas gently. "Your gonna make a great dad."
"As are you Dean"
They stood on the porch, wrapped in the night's cold air, bodies pressed together in a warm embrace, for what felt like hours. Sam opened the door.
"You two should come up and see your baby. We'll set up the fire"
"We're giving her a hunters funeral" Eileen added.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Kelly's body was moved, Cas and Dean went up to her room and found Mary in an armchair cradling the Baby. She handed him gently over to Cas and left the three of them alone.
"Hello Baby Jack" Cas cooed as he shifted the baby in his arms, trying to work out how to hold him. "Im so sorry you were born in these circumstances"
"But you've got us now" Dean smiled and leaned over Cas' shoulder, reaching his finger out to the baby.
Jack grabbed Dean's finger in his tiny little fist and giggled.
Dean felt a rush of love for this child that would be his. His and Cas'. He couldn't think of a more perfect person to share a human with.
"Is it just me, or does he have your nose?" Dean laughed.
"And your jaw?" Cas added
"And your baby blues" Dean said as he gazed into the babies eyes.
"Actually it's a bit strange how much he looks like us" Cas said suspiciously.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mary stared into the flames solemnly as she thought about how many of these funerals she had been to. Too many. But they were all people who new the risks and did their jobs to protect others anyway, whereas Kelly had been completely oblivious to the danger. She was innocent and free and happy. And now she was burning on a pire for simply having her baby.
Sometimes Mary wished she could escape all of this. Run away. Forget all about angels and demons and heaven and hell and everything evil in between. It was too late for that now.
Once your in the life, you can never escape it.
She looked at her family around the fire. Her sons, her daughters, her sisters and brothers. Everyone who had met Kelly were there.
Jody, Claire, Alex, Donna, Bobby, Linda and Kevin, Missouri, Patience, Charlie, Dorothy, Eileen, Cas and of course her sons.

"Now we say goodbye to a friend. Someone who got into this life, not for glory, not for revenge, but for the love of a child she didn't want to give up. A child that has been trusted to us. We dont just say goodbye to a friend today, we say goodbye to family. We love you Kelly and we know you are going to a good place"
Sam finished his speech and everyone lifted a beer and took a swig.
"Goodbye Kelly" They all said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flames had died out hours ago, but Dean still sat there staring at what remained of Kelly. Her ashes should be scattered somewhere nice. As Cas left him alone to go inside, to keep the baby warm, he decided he had nothing better to do than collect the ashes and dismantle the structure.
He put her ashes in a small box and went inside. He knew he couldn't keep something that was precious to Kelly, as she might latch onto it and become a ghost, so instead, he poured a very small amount of her ashes into a vile and corked it. He would move them to a nice container when he got home but for now this would do.

After everyone else left, Dean, Cas and the baby, Mary Charlie and Dot piled into the imapala, and Dean drove carefully to the picnic spot they had found previously- Knowing they didn't have a baby car seat- and they walked over to the stream. Dean gently emptied the ashes into it, before heading back home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they got back everyone went to bed, throughly un-interested in the baby- as they were still mourning Kelly- and Dean and Cas wandered around trying to look for something they could use as a cot.
After finding Nothing, they decided that they would have to stay up in shifts and let the baby sleep on them.
Cas volunteerd to go first. He was fasinated by Jack, and enjoyed the way he was so dozey and cute. Dean slept for far to long, but when he woke he found Cas in the armchair fast asleep with the baby laying asleep ontop of him.
"Com'on Baby wake up. You get the bed now" Dean said as he gently shook Cas awake and lifted the Baby from his chest. Cas shuffled over to the bed and fell asleep immediately- once again- and Dean slumped into the chair and the baby dozed off on his chest with his face in Dean's neck.

19 May 2017
Dean slept quite peacefully in the chair but was woken when everyone who was staying in the bunker came rushing into his room the next morning, looking for the baby. Apart from Mary- no-one had seen her since the funeral.
He dumped Jack on Charlie and dragged Cas out to the shops to buy baby stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"How'd it go?" Sam said as Cas and Dean returned.
"We got more judgemental looks" Dean sighed. "What is it with people these days?" He snapped.
"It's ok Dean, it doesn't matter" Cas soothed.
"Yeah I guess. I just wish they'd keep to themselves"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dean and Cas had to make at least 3 trips each to get all the stuff in from the car. They had toys, food, furniture and A LOT of picture frames for some bizarre reason.
"Wow, overboard much" Dot laughed.
"We just want him to be happy" Dean said.
"I know, we all do" She smiled.
"What are the picture frames for?" Sam laughed.
"Well. We need to make this place more homey. And we are really building up a family here, so Cas thought we should have more pictured around the place."
"Actually I was just thinking that our room could do with a bit of TLC" Charlie said as she clung to Dot.
"Good idea Cas" Eileen smiled.