Chapter Ten

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good friends stick by your side even when the world is hunting for you 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve picked up the unconscious girl and carried her over to his friend's house with Natasha by his side. Natasha knocked on the door and a guy opens the door.

"Hey man." the guy said, he glanced down at the girl in his arms. 

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lie low." Steve said apologetically. He glanced down at the girl in his arms as she slowly regained consciousness.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha said, she watched her daughter move and groan in her friend's arms, Ana took the worst of the debris.

"Not everyone," Sam said. He lets them inside. He motions for him to place the girl on the couch so she is comfortable. As soon as Sam touched her face with a wet towel, she shot up smacking her head against Sam's. 

Ana mumbles an apology and looks around for her mother. Sam pointed her to the room down the hall. She gives him a small smile and walked towards the door. She opened the door to see her mother drying her hair with a towel while sitting on the bed. 

Ana walked in and sat next to her, she leaned into her mother's shoulder and almost fell asleep. She didn't notice Steve coming to sit next to them and looking at the both of them with concern in his eyes.

"You okay?" Steve asked Natasha. Natasha stopped drying her hair and sets one of her hands inside her daughter's ones.

"Yeah."

"What's going on?" Steve asked. Ana pressed her face it Natasha's shoulder and closed her eyes again. 

"When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded the KGB for HYDRA, I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but... I guess I can tell the difference anymore." Natasha said. She looked down at her hand and her daughter's hand.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." Steve chuckled.

"I owe you. We owe you." Natasha said, she smiled as her daughter gave him a small nod.

"It's okay."

"If it was the other way around, and it was up to me to save your life, and be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" Natasha asked seriously. Ana lifted her head and up and walks to the bathroom to rinse her face off, she could feel Steve's eyes as she moved out of the room.

"I would now. And I'm always honest." Steve replied.

"Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing," Natasha smirked.

"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting," Steve said. The door to the room opened Sam pocked his head inside.

"I made breakfast. If you guys eat that sort of thing." Sam said. Ana walked out of the bathroom and looked at her mother. 

"What's breakfast?" Ana asked. Sam and Steve looked at the girl in confusion, everyone should know what breakfast is. Steve heard Natasha sigh and say something like Damn you HYDRA.