•four•

Dreams

Dreams.

Just about your favorite thing in the world. Most of your nights were filled with hollow sleep, normal nights stealing away your chances at reliving the colors you dearly miss. Faint memories of what the world used to look like through your eyes coming to life once more.

Whether it was running through a dazzling field of a placid green or diving into a blue sea of forceful waves or just simply being able to see the beautiful brown liquid and white cream of the coffee you drink every morning.

Each dream was precious, delicate. A gift you could never get sick of, like a movie you can watch over and over again and never once have to think about wanting to switch it off. Nighttime sometimes became you're favorite part of living. Where you're not creating chaos, you're not a nuisance. You're just you, enjoying everything you wish you could.

Sometimes they're more than memories, your imagination driving you wild, helping you escape into a life you could've lived in. Or a life you should've lived in.

And when the morning came, a few tears would be shed. Because you know those dreams will never become a reality. Ever again.

Nightmares.

You're least favorite thing in the world. Times where you're thankful you're not able to see the cruel wonders of the world that you have for sure not missed one bit.

They were ever never often, never the same. Except for one. One nightmare that loved you too much to let you sleep peacefully. One that seemed to love you so much that it kept coming back to replay in the exact same way.

You. Running. A man. Blue hair. At the top of a building.

Everything is so familiar, you feel like you've been inside that building before, you feel like you know who the man is. His striking features sending questions through your head every time you think about how familiar he looks.

These nightmares would always end in the exact same way. You are screaming his name, never knowing if you ever did save the poor man from ending his fragile life and you beat yourself up for it, wishing you could tell him how lucky he is to be living the life he is.

It'd always wake you up, same sobs breaking through your chest, a whimper as you trying to control your unexplainable crying for a man you've never met.

Jungkook rushes in, bursting through the door at the sound of loud crying. "What is it, Y/N? Tell me, I'm here. I'm here." He sits himself next to you on your bed, hands clutching your face while he brushes the strands of hair out of your face before they catch the diamond droplets streaming down your face.

"I-I c-couldn't save h-him." You manage to say through your sobs, chest abruptly rising and lowering as you struggle to even your breathing.

His face falls into a sympathetic look, pulling you into his embrace while he holds you close to his chest. You fall limp against him, crying endless as you let the warmth of his hard chest comfort you.