•five•

I can't believe I'm doing this

That's what Taehyung tells himself as he pays the strange woman before him. She smiles diligently, her long nails scraping against his skin as he hands her money and yet another shiver strokes over his body.

"May I see your hands? It helps with the accuracy."

He's about to say no, already feeling way too unerving just by the women lying her wide disturbing eyes on him, but Jin nudges him to do so. A sigh falls from his chest as he lumps both of his large hands onto the mini table, trying his best not to flinch as the woman's cold hands pulls his closer to her face. She inspects them closely, her wide eyes growing bigger.

"You're only curious about your soulmate, correct?"

Jin answers for him. "I mean yes, that's what we're most curious about but unless there's something else..."

She says nothing, her eyes narrowing before she lays his hands on the table. "There's a lot more to you than I thought."

When she looks up at Taehyung, her expression is lot more serious. He tries to analyze it, finding a mix of sympathy within her prominent features. "I would say you've been having a lot on your mind recently. But these dark thoughts seem to have been going on for a long time."

He feels Jin's eyes shift onto him, a concerned look showering his friend's features. However, Taehyung stays silent and decides that maybe this woman isn't such a fraud after all. Or maybe it just wasn't that hard to tell how fucked up he is in the head. He barely remembers the last time his mind was in a good place after all.

The growing silence makes him uncomfortable and he forces himself to speak, a subtle voice stating. "I didn't pay you for you to feel sorry for me, just get to the damn point."

The woman breathes out slowly, nodding while she lowers her eyes towards his hands again. "She's incredibly beautiful. But she doesn't know it."

Jin nods in approval, slapping Taehyung on the back. "Nice, Tae."

Taehyung ignores him, waiting for more relevant information.

"A pure heart. Full of love despite all the cruelty the world has shown her. She's a lot stronger than she looks."

The more she talks the more Taehyung finds it hard to believe the woman she's describing really is his soulmate. Someone who's 'pure' and 'full of love'? How could she ever fall in love with someone like him?

The teenage boy in the corner laughs at his phone, disrupting the high level of tension building in the tent. Taehyung shoots him a quick glare, focusing his deep stare on the woman as she continues to examine the lines of his hands.

"You've already met her. More than once."

"Recently?" Jin questions as he leans in, highly interested.