•nineteen•

Today was one of those days

One of those days that everybody wish they could lock in a box and throw it into a river, hoping it would sink to the bottom and eventually vanish. But it was never that simple nor easy. It always found a way to come back, to float back up to the surface and escape from its worthless cage. 

It was a day where a person would slowly lose control of their emotions and let them wickedly control the person instead. 

A day like that used to be common in Taehyung's life. Where his work would drive him so insane to the point where he doesn't even know what to feel anymore. Trying to fight all the frustration, anger and tiredness that comes in bulks and continuously weighs down on his shoulders. 

Eventually all those emotions even out and he can't understand exactly what they're trying to do to him. 

That's when he becomes lifeless again. People would notice these days too. When something would go wrong and instead of bursting into shouts of wrathful anger, he would just stay quiet. Helplessly quiet. 

He just wouldn't know what his emotions wanted him to do anymore. He wouldn't know how to function like a 'normal' person.

Walking out of business meetings, running out of the building and slumping into his car. Then the driver would always ask the question. "Where to?"

And he would have no idea what to say. Because he had nowhere to go. Nowhere to hide, nowhere to run from himself. 

But now, entering his car after the long and exhausting day. Taehyung can feel himself falling beneath the same dark and grey clouds that used to cascade over any brightness that entered his life. The familiar dark emotions seem so terrifying to him that he wants to use the only escape that he didn't have before.

"Evening, sir." His friendly driver greeted, watching him through the rear view mirror. 

"Evening." Taehyung replies through a tired sigh, slouching his back into the leather seat so much that he forgets how a man should sit a suit.

"Where to?"

The question ponders in the air but he already has his answer. An answer he wouldn't have been able to use before.

Staring out the window within unmoving car while he watches all the cars outside rush past him, he responds quietly. "Y/N."

Taehyung hated how much he needed you sometimes. He hated how the second you were gone, it was so easy for his burdening thoughts to crawl back in. He felt defenseless.

Most of the time he could fight it, even just thinking about your smile would get him through the day. But then of course every now and then he would let his guard down and everything he had been fighting would crawl back slowly or sometimes quicker than he could even imagine.