•twenty•

What was it you were feeling? The first time someone had told you there was a cure

What was it you were feeling? The first time someone had told you there was a cure. An end to your suffering. 

Ah right, you remember. 

You had just woken up in the hospital. You could hear voices, both familiar and unfamiliar but you couldn't see their faces. At first, you had thought there was a bandage covering your eyes or tears blurring your vision to the point it was too painful to even try to see. 

It started with you whispering your parents names to you crying their names. The real tears came easily, stripping you of your self confidence and every last strand of hope. 

You had taken the world for granted and it wanted to show you the price of doing that.

But the part you remember the most is when the doctor told your parents there was nothing more they could do. Throwing the offer of a treatment along with the inconceivable price in their faces like they were made of money. 

Although you couldn't see your parents faces, you could still imagine the look they had when they realized they couldn't give you the treatment you need. It was from then on that you realized that this is how you were going to be for the rest of your life. 

A money drainer. A burden.

Yet here you are again, facing another man who's telling you there's a cure. It's the man you love and the man who loves you.

"Y/N, did you hear what I said?" His hands are cupping your cheeks, holding them dearly like they're his. 

You did hear what he said, didn't you? Or had you gone deaf too?

It's impossible to not to have heard him. The words you never thought you would ever hear in a million years. This was something you never even bothered to wish on stars or birthday candles. You would always save those wishes for something more realistic. 

"There's an end to this." He continues to tell you. "And I promise you I will pay every penny until I can make it happen." 

There's a block of hesitation that stops you from completely believing and trusting his words. Something telling you that you shouldn't get your hopes too high up. 

Your lips part and all that comes out is a shaky breath. There's no words to describe how you're feeling. Covering your hands over his, you suck in a breath and tell him. "There's a chance."

It's more of a statement than a question and you don't know whether its too dangerous to have this much hope. "There's a chance for me to live a better life."

The most heart warming smile slides across his lips. "Yes."

"And you're going to give it to me?" You slip in more doubt to this one, still trying to grasp the fact that this man is willing to go this far for you.

"Yes." He repeats, kissing the tip of your nose. "I am."

That's all you need to know. For now.