Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

Ding.
Ding.
Ding.

The bell rang, interrupting me from my thoughts to signal the end of class.

I stood up and headed towards the door. School was now over for the day.

As I walked down the hall in a daze, I heard someone call after me.

"Y/n---!"

I turned around, curious.

"Huh?"

My eyes met with those of a panting pink skinned girl.

Oh, I know her! She sits next to me in class...

"Uh- M...Me...Ah! Mina, right?" I asked, getting pumped up. I finally remembered someone's name. She grinned in response.

"I know it's just the first week of school, but we should hang out!"

I blinked.

"As in, right now?" I questioned.

"Yep!" She beamed. I blinked again.

"Hold up, lemme get this straight." I said, looking at her. "You're inviting me... to.. hang out?" I asked, confused. She seemed as confused as me.

"Yes?" She answered, her head tilted to the side.

My eyes widened.

No one's ever asked me to hang out before.

I hesitated.

"Um... okay." I said, smiling. Her grin returned.

"Yay~!"

We walked out the front doors together, headed the direction of Mina's. I paused.

"Oh- Mina?" I questioned.

"Yeah?" She looked at me and smiled.

"Um, could we stop by my house first so I could grab clean clothes for tomorrow?" I asked.

"What size uniform are you?" She asked.

"Uh, 7, I think." I replied, blinking. "Why?"

"You can borrow one of my uniforms. They're all the same, anyway. You can use an extra toothbrush. I can let you use anything else you may need!" She grinned.

"Ah...Um... Alright!" I smiled.

No one's ever been this nice to me. Not since... I shivered, shaking my head. Let's not think about that. Not now.
I glanced at Mina, a smile forming from the corner of my lips. I have a friend now.

After a few minutes walk, we arrived at Mina's house. It seemed like it was a decent sized one story house with a nice fenced in front yard.

"Wow." I said, grinning. "Your house is so pretty, Mina!"

"Thanks, Y/n!" She grinned, opening the front door.

"Mom, dad, I'm home! I brought a friend with me~." She shouted down the hall.

"Alright sweetie! Dinner will be ready in about an hour." A sweet woman's voice said.

"Kk! Thanks!" She shouted, slipping off her shoes.
I followed her lead, removing my shoes.

She led me down the hall to a door. She opened it, flicking on a light and revealing a staircase leading downstairs.
I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Oh god, please don't say you're leading me into a creepy dark basement to kill me." I pleaded, looking at her.
She giggled, her short pink locks of hair bouncing with her laughter.

"My room is down here, silly. I don't think it's dark and creepy." She smiled, starting down the stairs. "Oh, close the door behind you." She said.

"Oh...okay..." I said, closing it before hesitantly following her.
I reached the bottom of the stairs, seeing Mina flop onto a couch.
The walls were painted pink, as well as pink pillows and blankets on her couch and bed. I giggled.

"Yep. Super dark and creepy~!" I laughed, flopping next to her on the couch.