A Chance Encounter

~A briefs authors note! This is my first attempt at writing a story, and it is written out as an omegaverse novel. If you're not well versed in what that means, feel free to do some research, though I believe the story will explain quite a bit of it. Certain chapters will be written from the prospective of the main antagonist, but for the most part, our heroine is the gal guiding the plot along. I am my own editor as well, so please do leave comments and suggestions towards both the style of my writing, and the use of grammar. As an additional note, this tale is intended for adults only. There will be sex involved, in explicit scenes, and aspects of power exchange and either dubious consent or outright non consent will be played on as well. However, there will be a happy ending for the couple, regardless of how conflicted they may start out, and I'll do my best to post updates at least once every week, if not more. So please enjoy Deviant!~

Through the layers of specialty glass, Deviant eyed her target. From four hundred yards away, the man still appeared sharply in her view, and she thoughtlessly stroked her rifle stand with reverence. Dressed in a tacky suit, with his graying hair slicked back, he was obviously a business man, though if stress lined features were any indication, it was chalking up to be a poor day. She tsked her tongue against the roof of her mouth with resignation, because for that sad schmuck, things were only going to get worse.

At her distance, it was impossible to hear what he was saying, and honestly, she'd never been fantastic at reading lips. But the guy was yelling into a satellite phone loud enough that everyone else in the courtyard gave him a wide berth, and that suited her just fine. Nothing about him screamed pleasant, though that was a common occurrence since the Imperion had overtaken their tiny little planet. People just weren't the same. Humanity had been altered. Or rather, the lucky few that had survived were. It had been estimated that in the U.S.A. alone, over one hundred million citizens had perished during the Second Civil War. A war that had been launched against their own government, when it was announced the aliens were taking charge, and in affect immediately, everyone was required to register in a new system the Imperion had constructed, and be fitted for stations properly befitting the changes that were soon to take place. A dictatorship, if you'd like, though that wasn't quite how it played out....

She could still remember the month proceeding that revealing, and Deviant shuddered when the phantom smell of stale blood and smoke tickled her nose.....

Two years prior, life in her small Texas town had been running per usual. From her little apartment nestled right next to her collage campus, Deviant had been crossing the lawn, desperately trying to reach her last class of Friday afternoon before the professor counted her absent. When the sirens had sounded out, everyone had flocked to a safely covered spot, assuming the warning indicated a tornado watch. Only, it had been a perfectly clear day. She could recall the feel of a soft breeze blowing through her shoulder length hair, a lilac shade at the time, and then the unnerving stillness that had followed when the sinister wailing had finally died down.

Everyone had gone about their business, confused towards the supposed misstep, but otherwise unaffected. It wasn't until later that afternoon that reports started coming in. They were small for the first twenty-four hours, local news anchors interviewing people who had claimed to have sighted ufos in the skies, strange objects that were there one second and then gone the next. There were even videos that popped up on sharing sites, blurred clips of lights flashing across the horizon. The government was silent though, and people believed it all to be some military drill, or anything that might better explain the strange happenings. And then, the very next evening, the t.v's started to blare the emergency network, and for the residents of America, their presidents pale face shuffled into view. A 'miracle', he called it, slumped over the microphone and profusely sweating whilst a hulking man in dark fatigues towered behind him, glowering in the background. Their elected leader detailed out some lie about NASA having managed to contact aliens, how this superior lifeform had chosen their planet to save, why they'd landed their warships on every single continent with a plethora of improvements to hand out. Marvels of medicine, cures for almost every known disease, new strains of food that would ensure longevity and health. All they required was total compliance.