Traps Placed

Air vents were not made for traveling in. The movies were wrong. So, so terribly wrong. 

Inside the tight little metal hallway, Deviant wheezed a breath of anxiety, attempting to stave off her previously unacknowledged claustrophobia. Compression squeezed at her chest, and she wrinkled her pert little nose as a trickle of sweat dripped down the curve of her spine. 

"...Ew." Her whisper was barely audible, but it bounced against the compact walls sealing her in. A groan was swallowed down, discomfort forcefully shoved away, all as she continued to wriggle her plump body through the too small maze of the Imperions air conditioning system. She was entirely too thick for such matters. But regardless of her curves, Deviant was still the smallest of the bunch, something that would've normally flattered her had she not been purposed for infiltration. 

Outside, the chilly arms of night were cooling the soldiers who awaited her efforts, and she found herself rather jealous of their current comfort. That could've been her, had she just been blessed with a few more inches of height. Damn the Gods... 

Deviant still found herself pleased with the final plan though, the one that led them to the Imperion center in the dead of night, intent on a dangerous rescue. All of their debating would've been null, in the end, had a report not come in detailing the departure of a certain Imperion General. 

Without dear Samael around to run interference, their chances of success were drastically higher. Still not great, but better than previously hoped. 

For Deviant, at least, she could breathe a bit easier knowing the deceptively inviting Alpha was states away, hopefully getting fucked by another faction of resistance. A girl could dream. 

Speaking of dreams...

She paused above a network of lines, stomach squeezed to the bottom of the vents while her dainty fingers traced the covers bar-code. Surely enough, it matched the instructions she'd been given, and after a slight struggle with the stupid thing, she managed to pop it off. Getting down was harder than entering though, and it took her a good few minutes to shuffle back and forth, find the perfect position, and eventually drop down to the floor with a startling lack of grace. 

But that first inhale of fresh, open air was damn near euphoric, and she greedily breathed in before finally glancing about the dimly lit room. Blinking lights flashed along all four walls, connected to various buttons and knobs. Radios were positioned to her left, along with phones that couldn't call out, but would no doubt connect to other areas of the building. Her attention settled firmly upon a massive computer screen though, one glaringly dull against the weight of her expectations. Why Imperion still used human technology, Deviant didn't understand, but at the moment, it was her saving grace. 

A bulky USB was tugged from her pocket, the top popped open, and the connecting end inserted within a few brief seconds. A confirmation noise rang out from the computers screen, and with a careless click, she opened the virus software. The download image instantly stretched out, the bar growing green at a rapid pace. Before she could think twice, the power started to flicker, and just as the program was completed, all of the lights blanked out of existence. 

It was somewhat alarming, the whirl of electronic activity dying down, the subtle buzz of light fixtures growing silent...

Deviant stood stumped for a drawn out moment, before she was stumbling for her flashlight and clicking it on. With the bright beam of light guiding her, she exited the room, and pressed against the hallway wall as she listened for signs of life. It wasn't long before familiar faces were turning the corner, triumph in their gazes. 

Triumph Deviant returned as they began to move through the building. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~Sam