CHAPTER 1

McGonagall = Italic

Dumbledore = bold italic

************

15 July, 1998

I hope this letter finds you well Albus. How are you doing and how is the weather in Scotland? Not too cold I hope.

I am sure you have already received a copy of Snape: Scoundrel or Saint? I was shocked to know that Severus was in love with Potter's mother all these years. Skeeter had a lot of tales from his past as well, I had no idea he was that young when he joined the death eaters. And also used dark magic on his classmates too! This is quite concerning Albus.

I know you kept telling us to trust Severus but after Skeeter revealed more of his past, it certainly arises doubts. Please respond to this letter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Minerva.

**********

20 July, 1998

I am doing well Headmistress and luckily the weather has been pleasant.

Yes, unfortunately, I have read it. Minerva, I assure you that everything she said about Severus is a complete lie. Yes, some of it was true but she used the less than fortunate events that happened to him in the past to twist and manipulate the real truth.

And to address your concerns, Severus never used dark magic on his classmates, even as self defense. He was indeed fascinated by it but never used it to harm anyone. And about him joining the death eaters, he was quite naïve and only acted recklessly, no doubt. But he never murdered anyone when he was a death eater. He is the only one who can conjure a Patronus among them. And it took him only a few months to realize he joined the wrong group and came running to me, begging for forgiveness.

Once again Minerva, I assure you, his intentions were always pure. I have already spoken with Minster Kingsley and provided him with concrete proof that Severus is innocent from all the lies she wrote and requested the book to be taken down. I have yet to hear from him.

And speaking of Severus, how is he doing? I haven't heard from him since he was released from St. Mungo's. Is he planning to return to Hogwarts or is he still refusing to teach?

Albus-

*********

2 August, 1998

Thank you for responding so quickly Albus, I feared that I would hear back from you in the next month or so.

I had a hunch that everything she wrote about him was a lie, which was why I reached out to you. That is all she does. Hasn't even been three months since the war and she is already publishing rubbish for her own profit. That was a good move on your part to request for that vial book to be taken down. If I had the power, I would have sent her to Azkaban.

Please inform me at once when Kingsley writes back to you.

And about Severus, he is not doing well Albus. I have visited him last night and he is in an extremely terrible state. I don't know why they released him from St Mungo's so soon, he became dangerously thin and refusing to leave his house. I wish I could do something to help him but you know how stressful and busy running a school can be.

I offered to send in one of our house elves to assist him in his daily life but he refused. I am quite worried Albus and I feel helpless. Is there anything we could do to help him?

Minerva-

***********

12 August, 1988

I am glad you are sharing the same feelings as well as I do about the matter.

I still haven't heard back from Kingsley but once he takes action against Skeeter's book, I will surely inform you immediately. Severus was released a month ago from the hospital, how is his condition not improving yet? I agree, it is quite concerning.

It is just a hunch but it might be because he is feeling lonely. If he doesn't find anything interesting to do to fill the void, his condition is likely to worsen. But don't you worry, I have already came up with a solution.

Attached to this letter, is an empty notebook (hopefully it wasn't too heavy for the owl). Will you kindly give it to Severus and tell him to begin writing in it. If we are lucky, something magical might happen.

Albus-