CHAPTER 4

A/N: As you all know I have a YouTube channel and I love to occasionally make Severus edits (sad or fun). This time I made one using Tay Tay's song 'Look what you made me do.' I hope you guys like it :)

Severus = Italics

Sal = Bold not italic

"..." means a pause or silence, depending on the context.

30 October, 1998

Sal, what was your NEWTS grade?

It was embarrassing! I don't want to talk about it Sev.

You don't have to tell me for all the subjects, I just need to know your potions grade.

Well, in that case... allow me to brag! I was the only one in my class to get an O, outstanding.

Really?

Yes! I ditched all the other subjects to focus on the potions exam. But, after my graduation, I regretted doing that, big time.

Why?

I was fubernucked to the say the least! In order to apply for a decent job, I need to have at least three Os and I only had one. Also, I failed in herbology, which is a big no no in the wizarding world.

I see...

And also... it all amounted to nothing. Professor Snape died in the end, all my attempts to impress him were fruitless.

What do you mean impress him?

Uh... sorry, I revealed too much. Never mind that, it is not something I want to talk about right now.

I really don't mind if you did, after all, that is the whole point of us writing to one another. You won't lose anything by telling me.

That is true (you are sort of reminding me of him a bit not gonna lie).

How so?

You have great persuasion skills, he had that too.

I just miss him so much, I wish I was there to prevent his death. I would have done anything to prevent it, even go as far as sacrifice myself for him. He didn't deserve to die. None of them did.

...

...

*a few hours later*

Sev, it's been a while since you wrote back, are you still there?

You seem like you valued him. That is a first for... that is the first time I have ever heard that someone tolerated him, let alone regretted his death. Nobody likes him. Especially after what Skeeter published about him, isn't that a good reason to change your opinion about him?

How dare you Sev, no, of course not!

How can I change my opinion on someone without even knowing them well? That is a very shallow way to judge a person's character. And besides, Rita Skeeter is a leech, everyone knows it. How very convenient of her to write about Professor Snape only three months after his death.

She didn't even take time to do proper research on him. What "trusted" sources take only three months to know everything about someone's past! Wacky, money hungry, grubbing slugs that is who!

And besides, I knew Professor Snape very well. He was dedicated to teaching us (it wasn't his fault that some students couldn't be on his level and applied for the subject thinking it would be a piece of cake). Take Hermione Granger for example, she was really good in his class and rarely ever complained about him.

I had the honour and privilege to be taught by him and I will continue saying that to my grave Sev.

...

*a few tears drop and gets absorbed by the page*

Uh.. Sev. Are you still there? I am seeing something strange... I see a few drops of what seems like water. Are you seeing it too?

...

...

It has been two hours, are you alright Sev? Was is it something I said?

Wait... please don't tell me you believed what Skeeter said about Professor Snape!

...

*a few mins later*

Sorry Sal, I was just... never mind.

What you said about Snape was not expected and took me by surprise. I have never heard anyone speak that highly of him.

...

*a few minutes later*

Omg Sev, you finally wrote back! I honestly thought you were mad at me or something. And about Professor Snape, well, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt especially since I have actually known him.

Unfortunately, no one takes the time to do their own research and search for the truth themselves. They depend on half-baked stories and perceive it as the truth.

I don't know your opinion on him but I request that you search for the truth before making up your mind. Because he is a hero and will remain a hero in my eyes and in the eyes of everyone who truly knew him.

...

...

*a few tears drop and gets absorbed by the page once more*

Oh God, it is happening again! I can see those puddles of wetness, please tell me you are seeing it to Sev coz I am beginning to think my notebook is defective.

Uh, no I don't think so, I see it too. Sorry, it was my fault, I spilled water and it got to some of the pages.

That is strange, so this book just absorbs anything it comes into contact with?

I guess so.