CHAPTER 12

Severus = Italic

Sal = bold not italic

McGonagall = Italic bold

"..." means a pause or silence, depending on the context.

17 January, 1999

Sal, you haven't written to me for two weeks. At least let me know how you are and if you began teaching at Hogwarts yet.

...

...

18 January, 1999

Why do you keep doing this to me?

I promise I won't ask what happened in your past until you are comfortable sharing it yourself but please don't do this, not when I finally found someone decent to talk to.

*a few tears drops and gets absorbed by the pages*

Oh God, not again...

I... I am sorry Severus. I really wish I could just tell you everything like you did with me but I am scared.

Finally Sal, Goddamit!

And scared of what you silly girl?

*a few minutes later*

Scared that you will hate me or judge me like everyone else once you find out.

For the hundredth time... I won't. How many times do I need to write it before you start believing me?

Well... it is not that easy and I won't blame you if you do.

30 January, 1999

I hope this letter finds you in good health Severus, how are you doing dear? I don't need to remind you to eat well and take your medicines on time.

I will be straight forward here and say that I am extremely disappointed in the girl you recommended as a potions master. She is not focused, and on edge the entire time, like she is frightened from something or someone. At first, I let that strange behaviour slide and chalked it off as her getting overwhelmed. We were all like her when we were first assigned at Hogwarts.

But after a month of her teaching at Hogwarts, she became an actual hazard to her students. Her paranoia reached to the point of attacking another student and accusing him of being a "spy" planted to spy on her.

So I thought I would let you know that I decided to fire her this morning. I am sorry Severus, I don't need Rita Skeeter of all people to know of that incident. I hope you understand.

Minerva-

7 February, 1999

I am doing well Minerva and yes, I am taking care of myself.

Oh God, I am absolutely appalled by her behaviour and of course I completely understand your decision to fire her. It was the right thing to do. Don't worry Minerva, I will definitely not let this incident slide and she will be hearing from me.

Severus-

******

*after Severus writes the letter and sends it to Minerva*

You cannot be serious Salma!

What the hell is wrong with you?!

Attacking your student and shouting they were spying on you? Have you actually lost your marbles?! I am very disappointed in you and ashamed that I even considered to give you my position.

...

*a few hours later*

Answer me witch! Don't you dare play the silent card with me!

*a pool of blood gets absorbed by the pages*

Oh God! Stop that this instant or I swear I will come to your house.

...

...

*a few minutes later*

Thatis it, I am coming to your house!