CHAPTER 2

A/N: I am gonna give you all today two chapters instead of one as a welcome present to all my new readers. Hope you guys like them :)

*****

Severus = Italic

McGonagall = bold italic

Sal = bold not italic

"..." means a pause or silence, depending on the context.

********

29 August, 1998

I hope you are doing well Severus and I am sorry it has been a while since I spoke to you last.

The school term will start in two days and it has been quite a hectic time rebuilding Hogwarts and reorganizing the schedule, etc. I have sympathy for Dumbledore, how did he do all that work and not break a sweat?

Speaking of Albus, he asked me to send his regards and give you this notebook (it better be with that bloody owl, he is an actual chaos with delivering items that are not letters). He told me to tell you to begin writing in it and something interesting might happen (he didn't tell me what though).

And please reconsider my offer once more. I will double your salary if I have to just for you to come back to Hogwarts and teach again. You were a quite valuable Potions master and I don't think I will find anyone else half as good as you were. So please give my offer another thought.

P.s: This letter along with the package should arrive in a week, I have already paid for express.

Minerva-

********

7 September, 1998

I haven't heard from you in over a week Severus, is everything alright? Please respond to this letter as soon as you get it, I am worried.

Minerva-

**********

14 September, 1998

Don't make me come over there and smack you young man! If I wasn't busy running a school, I swear I could have done it. Severus, I know you want to be left alone but that is not the healthy way to live my boy. You are still young and you have your whole life ahead of you. I won't let you spend it all locked up in your house.

P.S: If you don't reply, I will send the ministry over to your house.

A very angry Minerva-

************

14 October, 1998

I am only replying to you to get you off my back Minerva.

It is nice that you are constantly checking on me but I don't need to be babied by you. I am fine and I would really appreciate it if you stopped sending me more owls, my house became a zoo at this point. Thirty owls this past month alone, what is wrong with you woman!

And yes, I got the notebook (the owl you sent got lost but eventually found its way and delivered it).

And no, don't bother, I will never go back to Hogwarts so I suggest you start searching for a new Potions master.

P.S: You got ripped off, the letter came after three weeks not one. It is the stupid owl's fault.

P.S.S: You wouldn't have had the guts to send them over so don't think you can intimidate me with it!

Hoping you won't write back, S.S!

***********

21 October, 1998

Oh Severus, finally! I couldn't believe it when your owl came to my office with your letter.

And I am quite disappointed in you, is this the way you speak to your elders? Well guess what, I won't stop writing until you get yourself out of your house and do something productive!

P.S: Thank you for telling me about the owl and I apologize for the delay. The owl post will certainly be hearing from me.

P.S.S: Challenge me again young man and Kingsley himself will be at your door, flesh and blood!

Minerva-

****************

28 October, 1998

This is ridiculous! What am I even doing writing in an old crusty notebook? Why did Minerva give this to me? It is not like it will write back!

I should stop writi...

Finally, it is writing back! Hello there!

What?! Who are you? No actually, what are you?

Who am I?! Who are YOU? You are the one writing to me now!

Is this some evil witch craft? It is official, Dumbledore has lost his marbles...

Professor Dumbledore? No, I don't think so, he gave me an old notebook too and told me to write in it. It sounded weird at first and I kept writing in it for weeks hoping for something to happen but nothing happened at all.

I thought maybe he wanted me to write about my day, like a dairy or something but honestly that could get quite boring. Besides, I have nothing to write about, my days are as dull and boring as ever.

...

*a few minutes later*

Sorry... I know I run my mouth a lot and it can get quite annoying so I will stop now...

No! Please don't.

My life is not full of excitement either and it has been weeks since I have spoken with anyone. You said Dumbledore gave you a notebook too, the one you are writing in right now?

Yes.

Why do you think he did that? When I received this notebook, I too thought he wanted me to jot down my life. What am I, a school girl?! But apparently, it does more than that.

Yes, it is so freaking cool! It is like instant messaging but Hogwarts style. How more dope can that get?!

I can tell from your slang that you are not British, are you?

No, I am not. I am an American transfer student but my country of origin is Egypt. My parents are Egyptian too. So, technically, I got the best of both worlds.

That is interesting. So you are a student at Hogwarts? I have met very few students with American accents.

Yes I am...well, I was. I graduated a year ago.

...

Enough about me! Now I want to know about you, who are you, what is your name? How old are you? Are you a student as well?

You ask a lot of questions...

Yea, sorry for that. I am just excited that this damn thing is finally working!

Why don't we start with you first, what is your name?

Uh... how about we call each other by our nicknames for now, I am Sal. What about you?

Thatis a strange request but sure, whatever you like. I am Sev.