...Deck 04

I'm already awake, and Steve groans through the curtain of the stateroom. I'm on the pullout and they've taken the actual bed. Except it's supremely awkward and I'm constantly banned from the room because they're "busy".

But Steve groans like he's about to split his head open. "Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?" he asks. I hear the sheets move, and then his feet trampling the floor as he reaches the bathroom. He vomits.

It sounds like it's projectile. I get up to see.

It's speckled on the toilet seat, but most of it lands in the toilet itself. "Dammit," I mumble.

"Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss," he moans, retching. Jessie sits up in the bed, except the rest of Steve's supposed threat, or warning, is drowned out by more dry-heaving.

"What song was it?" Last time it was Despacito.

"Dancing Queen came on." She begins laughing. "Holy shit, was it hilarious." Jessie dives for her phone on the desk. "Here, I got video." And there's Steve belting ABBA on a table thrusting his hips while his hands do the Macarena.

Steve vomits again.

I'm laughing. "Wow."

"I know, right?"

Steve groans from the bathroom floor. "I'll murder you all."

Jessie laughs. And when she does, she sounds like a heavy smoker. "Try me, boi." She then goes scrolling through her phone. "Oh, wait. Tom."

"What?"

"Steve asked me to take a picture for you." She held out her phone.

It's Murph, except he looks confused and lost while people dance up on him.

It's so fucking cute.

"Oh, yeah, we saw Murph last night," Steve says, his voice echoing in the toilet bowl. And then he appears in the open door of the bathroom and just glares at me.

And I look at him. I don't need to say anything. Because he knows. He heard what happened. Steve saw the aftermath of what I did. When Adrian started verbally harassing me for the last two weeks in Murph's defense, Steve was there to tell me Adrian was right. After that, Steve never said anything to me over it, even when I begged him to tell me what I did.

And for the past three years, he's seen me agonise over it.

I think he pities me.

Honestly, I understand it. Because I'd do the same.

"Where is he?" is all he says.

I look away and pull back the curtain to my weird little room thing. My eyes go back to Steve. "I didn't ask."

"Why?" asks Jessie.

Steve's got a big mouth. He's told her everything, so she's become this weird bystander to this.

My mouth feels dry, so I don't answer.

"What happened?" he asks.

"Does it matter?"

"Fuck yes it does, Tommy," she insists.

Steve waves her aside and stands up from the bathroom floor. "What're you gonna do?"

I inhale and look at him. I shrug. "I didn't ask anything of him. He asked me why I did it, and that he felt sad that I - "

" - destroyed him?" he asks.

I blink and think of the ways I could kill him on this boat. But then I'd be out a flatmate.

And Steve's decent.