To the mall!

Part 2

"Pidge! R u ready? let's go!"

"I'm here! I'm ready! Just getting my sneaker on!"

Pidge jumps out of her room hopping on one foot. She's trying to tie her left shoe all the while her headphones around her neck are about to fall off and her hair a beautiful uncombed mess.

"Omg Pidge we said to be ready in 5 mins what were u doing? all u had to do was get changed out of the garrison uniform."

"Sorry Nadia but I thought of this really cool idea and I just had to write down a few formulas and oh make a few skematics measurements and..."

"Pidge!" All three girls yelled at her in unison.

"What? It's really interesting and cool and wait let me show u!"

Nadia grabbed the laptop and headphones from Pidge. While Romelle held her down and allura combed her hair.

"What?!? Hey! Guys!"

"Pidge it's not so hard to comb ur hair once in awhile u know we are going out" allura said.

"I know it's just it's not a priority u know" Pidge gave allura a foolish smile.

Allura and Romelle looked at Pidge and shook their heads in disappointment while Nadia brought pidges technological gadgets back to her room.

"Pidge look this is one night to be away from all these gadgets lets just go and have a good time" Nadia said.

"Yes! It's one night to be normal! free! Ooohhh we could do all kinds of girly things!" Romelle added while jumping up and down next to allura who simply smiled.

Pidge tilted her head back and gave in in defeat. "FINEEEEE I guess it'll be fun."

They walked out of the garrison dorms turned a few corners and made it outside where a car was waiting for them.

When they finally arrived at the mall, Pidge couldn't stop looking around curious to see what she could find. Other than clothes that is. She had enough of those and they would only get dirty anyway.

Pidge thought back to the other girls and how they were so much different than her. They all knew how to be..well... a girl.  Maybe that's why lance never flirted with her. Maybe it was because she didn't match the description.

Pidge passed a small looking stand and the next thing she spotted pulled her out of her wandering thoughts.

"KILLBOT PHANTASM 1!" SHE EXCLAIMED.

The girls turned around with Nadia kneeling down with the same enthusiasm.

They got the game and the rest of the day Pidge found ways to look more and more like the character in the cartoon, which wasn't in her opinion totally accurate. But it didn't really matter when you could get anything for a simple signature! Ya ok maybe she was a sell out...but it was the first time she ever enjoyed herself so much in a mall (on earth that is). Plus she couldn't wait to show lance what she bought. They were going to be the first to crush this game!

"Let's try this store!" Romelle said as she pointed to one of the signs.

While allura went to try dresses on Pidge stayed back to read. She knew she wouldn't like this part anyway.

Well...she thought that until she started joining in a little. It was way more fun to choose what fit allura best than to be the person changing into different clothes. Being a a fashion critic was indeed fun. She laughed at that thought.

Imagining herself in a beret in Paris swiping left and right to the most intricate and finest designs.

Allura finally came out with a stUnning white flowing dress which Pidge couldn't help but find its mouvement similar to the way Alluras hair moved in the wind. It was definitely a perfect match.

But that stupid freakin clerk. Shiro would be disappointed in the language she used in her head to describe him later. He forced her to give up something she loved. That lance and her both loved so that allura could look nice for their date. All she knew is that lance better like that dress because...well...she went through hell to get it. They all did. UGH she had so wanted to beat that game with lance. It felt like he was symbolically already abandoning her.

She ranted. Replayed the scenario in her head multiple times and just she couldn't believe how that stupid guy wouldn't just take her signature. I mean she knew it was a business and he was just doing his job but...but...sigh

It didn't matter now. What was done was done.

In the car, Pidge couldn't stop seeing alluras smile and that's when she knew she did the right thing. She remembered the hug she got from her and how allura had hoisted her up from the ground to thank her.

She looked out the window and sighed once more. She stared at the destruction that was still there, the places that were being fixed up and soon everything became desert sand. She never had had many friends before. Actually she probably never had any true friends either. But now that she did have some she was glad to know that she could be a good friend and that in the end she did have the guts to be there when they needed her most.

Whether it was in space fighting the galra or right here on earth being the normal "girl" she could be, she knew she was able to make someone smile. It was gratifying and in the end in truth, when she looked at how allura beamed with happiness, Pidge knew she never wanted to forget this moment. The moment she had given someone something to smile about. What a great amd dangerous power that was. It felt amazing.