Heart Break Around Every Corner

Allura was gone. Pidge walked by her old room on the atlas. Everything was still there.  There was her clothes neatly stacked in a corner of her room. Her jewellery box that remained always there on her desk And where the mice usually played. There was even the blue plushie lance had given her and the helmet pidge had picked for Allura on clear day. Everything that was replaceable was there but...the one they wanted. No The one they needed wasn't there. She was gone. Pidge already missed her so much. She was of course sad abt her loss...but lance was even worse off. Nothing she did helped.

They had all come one by one into her room. As if this was another one of their last goodbyes to the princess. Everyone had taken their time to look around say goodbye...but lance hadnt even decided to come.

Pidge could feel like tragedy was abt to knock at her door again at any minute.

So She decided to leave alluras room closed the door amd told herself she never wanted to walk in there ever again. It was too painful.

She went to lie down on her bed. She stared at the ceiling. Hoping to find an answer. But nothing.... There was nothing to think abt. They saved the universe. She died in the process. She sacrificed herself that was all there was to it.  Pidge slid off her bed. She decided to at least continue some research of her own and grabbed her old bag.

"Long time no see my old friend" she said as she pulled out her old beaten down laptop and emptied the contents of her bag. HShe then went to grab her headphones. When she noticed that lances jacket had fallen out.

She looked at it and smirked a little. She loved this jacket it was warm and it always smelled like cinnamon. Probably bc he always stole hunks cinnamon rolls when he wasn't looking.

Suddenly she saw something hanging out from the side of his jacket. Looks like the video game had also got stuck in there.

She pulled it out.

She looked at it momentarily. Scanning the cover seeing how it glistemed under the light. It still looked new. It remained stuck in time in this hard plastic case.

They were unopened hours of fun...

"Pidge..." she said to herself "What r u going to do now?"

In one hand she had lance's jacket in the other she had the video game.

She wanted to play it. To have fun with lance again to hang out like normal kids...

She told herself that maybe it was worth a shot? To try to heal?

She grabbed lance's jacket and put the videogame into the jackets side pocket.

She walked over to lances room.

She held up her hand up to knock. This was the moment of truth to  see how lance was doing. She hadnt seen him since theyd all gotten back on the atlas...

She knocked. There was a slow thud. An uneasy silence. And finally the door opened.

Lance stood there in front pudge. He was lanky as usual but pale...he almost looked sickly. His eyes were obviously puffy from crying too much and he seemed just...super out of it. Like he wasnt mentally there.

His altean marks were more visible than ever right now.

He looked momentarily blinking hard at Pidge.  Pidge tried to give him an encouraging smile but lance didnt seem too happy to see her. She knew he wasnt happy. He was sad. Upset angry at the world...

She looked down at the familiar  jacket she was holding. Pidge was suddenly reminded as to why she came by. 

"Lance?" She hesitantly said.