Facing the Truth

Pidge walked over to Keith in the cafeteria. She couldn't wait to sit down and finally eat something. She had been up all night and now She was starving!

"Hey Keith did Nadia tell u abt this film thing she's doing with Ryan?" Pidge said while sitting down next to him.

"Ya what am I supposed to say?"

"Idk just go with it. i couldnt get her to stop talking last night abt it"

"Talking abt last night Pidge u look exhausted! U need to be in shape! We do have to save the universe. Get some sleep tonight ok"

"Ugh now ur starting to sound like shiro"

"Ha well that sounds like a good thing if u ask me" Keith said smiling.

Keith suddenly turned to face pidge who had fallen asleep on the table. Wow he thought was she really that exhausted?!

He thought abt bringing her to her room to rest when all of a sudden....the door to the cafeteria swung open revealing a crazy eyed Nadia on a mission "Hi guys! Let's do this!"

Pidge woke up immediately startled and falling off her seat.

"Hi?" She muttered while rubbing her head.

They did the interview...until Hunk interrupted the whole thing.

Thank goodness Keith thought! Hunk ur the best! This had been torture. He didn't know how to answer her quiznaking questions. Plus the whole time pidge had spoken in a more monotone way than usual. I mean she was smiling, but It's like she had lost her sense of passion for technology or something. Something was definitely wrong with her besides the fact she was sleep deprived.

After Nadia left, he decided that it would be best to talk with Pidge and see if he could figure out why she was acting this way.

When the cafeteria was basically empty and they both got up to put their trays away he finally saw his chance.

"Ok Pidge what's going on?"

Pidge turned around stunned. She really just wanted to go work on some plans with her dad. Why did Keith have to start asking questions now?!?! Why would he even ask questions in the first place?!?

"Keith I'm fine ok I'll get more sleep tonight"  she said shrugging her shoulders and walking away from the pile of cabarets.

"No that's not it there's something else Ur not saying" he said insistently.

Pidge looked away. She couldn't look him in the eye. He suspected something and she worried about slipping up.

"Pidge c'mon tell me! I can tell something's wrong You need to talk about it"

Pidge stayed silent keeping her head down. She knew he was right but she just couldn't tell him.

"Pidge u can't just keep it bottled it up. I know that doesn't work. It will only make things worse and we can't afford that right now! " 

There was the sudden sound of the door to the cafeteria door opening and soon they were the only ones left in the room.

Pidge looked away head down completely facing the opposite way from Keith. She was blinking fast trying to stop her tears from rolling out bc she knew Keith was right. He was 100% right.

"Pidge?" Keith finally said. "Answer me...plz? I'm getting worried."

"K-Keith... it's... just ur....ur..." she swallowed hard while scratching the back of her head.

Keith was now facing Pidges back. He was impatiently waiting for a response.

"Ur right"

Keith stood there stunned. Almost no one ever told him he was right. He still wasn't used to hearing it.

"I have been suffering but I can't tell u what it is.It would just make others suffer too."

"Pidge I'm sorry for forcing but I can't stand seeing YOU suffer like this! You might be the paladin i know the least and u probably don't know me that well either but I hate seeing u like this. If anybody knows how it feels to bottle feelings up... its me. Trust me u need to talk to somebody. Bottling up feelings will only do more harm than good."

"Keith you don't understand.  I can't talk to anyone about this. it would ruin the lives of other people if i i did!  If anything we'd be in a bigger mess than before!" Pidge said almost screaming this time.

Keith looked momentarily at the floor and then looked back up at her. "Well I know someone who would keep ur secret and who I know you'll trust"

"Oh! And who's that?" Pidge snapped back sarcastically almost in tears.

"Well for my whole life Shiro was there and trust me u can trust him. Hes always had my back. He's the one that made me realize how destructive it was to keep so many emotions in"

Pidge looked up at him. Finally finding the courage to look him straight into the eye.

They made eye contact.

He walked over to her and slowly put his right hand on her right shoulder.

"Plz as your leader I need u to take this piece of advice. GO. TALK. TO. SHIRO. "
And As he said this Keith slowly walked out of the room.

As the door closed behind him he couldn't help whispering to himself... " Heartbreak...so...that's her freakn problem"