Part 4

After lance left, Pidge placed the game in her bag. The same bag she was bringing aboard the atlas tomorrow. She might find a way for them to play it on their down times. She couldn't wait to beat it to the ground!

She still couldn't believe how much lance cared about this. This game. This bond they had.

I really hope their date goes well she thought to herself.  She wanted him and allura to be happy. Even if she didn't really agree with it all. She wasn't sure why but something always felt off when she thought about it. Though lance looked so nervous. She wanted to help him but how?

"Beezer!" She muttered to herself. If anything Beezer could reassure him or ok...maybe that was going too far. You know what if he ever needs help I'll program Beezer to go help him out. Ya that was a good plan. Right? Oh she would figure it out on the way!

She got ready quickly, changed into what her mother wanted her to wear, combed her hair quickly and ran out the door in her new green flowing dress. Ugh it was not the easiest thing to run in she thought. She went to the plant room where beezer remained.

"Hey Beezer! Can u help me and a friend out?"

Beezer looked up at her curious but didn't question it and let pidge tinker with its controls for  a bit.

Matt POV

"PIDGE! WE GOT TO GO! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

I was worried about where she might be but in truth it wasn't the first time pidge ran off to do something else. She once skipped out on a whole Italian holt family reunion to go tinker with an old garrison computer that their dad had brought home from work. She was an introvert all right.

He turned a corner to his moms plant room.

"Pidge there you are what are u doing? We have to go!"

Of course she didn't hear him. She was too busy playing with beezer. Matt chuckled to himself. He went to get her and threw her over his shoulder.

"Wait! Matt! I need to finish this!"

"It can wait"

"No it can't Lance has a date with allura in a few minutes and I'm trying to make sure this won't break the balance of the team!"

Matt stopped in his steps suddenly. "I'm sorry what did u say? Allura and lance?"

"Yes! Now let me down!"

"Wait and ur sending beezer because..."

"Because he needs to be there to u know check up on them"

"U mean spy?"

"No of course not just to...u know...so  that I can see everything's going ok and to make sure that I'm there if lance needs any help."

Matt put her down and she ran straight to beezer to finish up the little bit she had left. She then sent beezer straight on its way. She turned back to her brother who was still looking straight ahead motionless.

"What? Matt it's not spying I already told u it's..."

"Pidge do u like lance?"

"Well ya Yes he's a cool friend and he's always there for me and..."

"Pidge no u like him. My sister has her first crush! Haha I never thought it would be on him of all people though" Matt laughed jokingly in her direction making faces and mocking her.

Pidges face flushed red. She matter as well have been made of tomatoe soup.

"No I don't! I just want to make sure everyone stays u know happy. Good morale is good to have during a war Matt! Ugh ur so childish" she turned her back to him momentarily before marching out of the room completely. She was still blushing hard and Matt made sure to tell her about this.

"Pidge look you know it's ok having a crush is normal and actually I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Girls usually have crushes way before guys I mean it's actually.."

"Matt ur not listening I don't have a crush on lance. Not to mention, not ALL girls get crushes early in their lives ok? I mean I have never matched a girls description in society ever in my life. I'm not going to start matching it now. Plus lance is going out with Allura! ALLURA MATT! Lance likes girls like that not girls like me! He'll never like a girl like me! Why would any guy like a girl like me?!"

Pidge just stood there facing her brother. Tears beginning to streak down her face, Not really knowing where all these emotions came out from. Confused. She felt confused. For once she didn't have the answer.

"Pidge..." matt looked at her "You are amazing and u don't need to match a girls stereotype. I was just saying...Pidge r u listening to me?" He walked over to her and wrapped her in hug.

"I'm sorry he whispered...I guess I just got too excited. I mean ur my little sister I feel like it's my job to be annoying and a little bit of a pest I didn't know you felt this way"

Pidge stayed in his arms for a while before saying. "Matt I I don't know where those emotions came out from either...it's just I guess sometimes when I'm with the others...I just never feel like I fit in. But with lance and the other paladins I finally have a place. I don't want anything to ruin this. I just want lance to be happy I want to make sure everything goes ok for him"