A Picture Perfect Moment

Pidge didn't regret anything. Why did Shiro have to bring this up especially a day before they had to leave? Why?!? Even her brother had done this to her! For the last time she didn't like Lance!

"UGHHHHHHH" she yelled and aggressively shoved everything off her desk.

Nothing was working. She hadn't been able to concentrate all night! She was so annoyed that she even considered going to sleep! She sat in her chair looking up at the ceiling in exasperation.

So lance and her hung out a lot.....But Hunk was usually with them. They were the garrison trio after all!

So they played a lot of video games together.....That was only because nobody else wanted to play with them!

So she cared about him.....How could she not after all they had went through?!? For crying out loud he woke up from a coma and shot Sendak to save her! How could she not love that caring personality of his. Once u got to know him you were able to find out how deep his thoughts really could be.

She liked how he thought differently than most people.

She liked how he was the complete opposite of her. It was refreshing.

She just liked him as a friend.

She was sure of that and nothing was going to change that tonight just because so many people had "opinions."

Opinions. Yeah!  That's all they were! They weren't logical full proof truth facts!

They were opinions.

The Wikipedia of the world is what they were! She liked facts. She wasn't going to trust something as faulty as opinions.

Just as Pidge was concluding that thought she heard an almost muffled sound come from outside her door.

VEWOO VEWOO

Pidge suddenly sat up in her chair.

VEWOO VEWOO

There it was again!...what was... omg beezer! She had completely forgotten that she had sent him! She ran to open the door and there standing right in front of her was the robot itself.

"Beezer howʼd it go? What did u find? Is lance ok? Howd their date go? Did he need ur help?" She asked without even taking a breather.

Beezer stared at her as much as a robot could and after what seemed like an eternity it printed out a picture.

One single picture.

It was a picture of Lance and Allura. Together. Smiling...

Pidge found they were both smiling kind of awkwardly

Pidge found they were both smiling kind of awkwardly. I guess they were surprised beezer had been there. Maybe lance suspected that this was Pidges doing. Nevertheless, pidge had to take a step back. She sat down on her bed contemplating the picture.

It didnʼt matter if they both looked awkward in the picture. This picture was still proof. Proof that they must have had a good time. Proof that their date must've gone well. Proof that lance and allura were probably now a thing. Proof...proof. Proof that this was something lance had really wanted all this time. Proof that he loved allura. It was proof that he loved Allura and that he definitely didnʼt like her in that way.

Thats when pidge felt her heart slowly coming apart at the seams. It hurt to look at this picture. It really hurt. It hurt a lot. Why did this hurt so much?

Pidge suddenly let go of the picture and ran to bathroom. She tried to calm herself down. She tried to take slow breaths. But her heart ached. It ached bad. Tears started pouring down her face and she just couldn't breathe. She felt the walls closing in around her. She lifted her head up towards the mirror and took a good hard look at herself. She didnʼt understand what was going on, What her body was doing or how it was reacting to this news. She just wanted this feeling to go away. She felt like she was about to suffocate or even worse die. She wanted to push it down keep it in contain it...but..but..

She had to face it. She didnʼt have a choice.

She stared at herself in the mirror and tried to stand as tall as she could while the walls around her were crumbling down.

"I-I think I do like him..." She sighed in defeat. "Shiro and matt were...r-right."

Pidge began focusing on her expression in the mirror. She tried focusing on her eyes. Her pupils. She wanted to find her soul look at it as clearly as she could, but the tears...the tears blurred her vision. They got in the way of the answers she was looking for.

"Why do i care about this cuban boy so much?" she finally said in a now trembling and exasperated tone as she slammed the counter with her fist.