Vlogs, Dad Talks and a Letter to Remember

Pidge stood there stunned.

She weighed her options out and no matter what she did she knew Keith was right.

"AAAUGHHHH" she yelled at the now empty cafeteria.

She decided it was best to follow through with Keith's advice. He was right and sadly all the other options that surrounded her would probably lead to worse outcomes.

She walked defeatedly to the Atlas's main headquarters. She found that only Shiro seemed to be there at the moment. Apparently, Iverson and Coran were asked by Nadia to join that video vlog so Shiro had decided to let everyone have a bit of a break.

"Hey Shiro...u alone in here?"

"Ya I thought everyone should go out and relax for a bit. I feel like this is going to be one of our last relaxing moments on this trip."

"Ha I know what u mean. Though I don't think we ever had any relaxing moments to begin with" Pidge said jokingly with just a bit of nervousness in her voice.

"Now that is very true" Shiro said with a chuckle "Is there something important u wanted to tell me? I mean you don't come down here often. Usually you go work on different projects with your parents during this time of the day."

Pidge suddenly looked away.

"Actually Shiro...yeah i do need to talk to you about something and this time it's kind of..." she held her breath "...personal?"

Shiro could see a brief appearance of bright red running across Pidges face.

"Is it about Lance?" he asked a little mockingly.

"NO" Pidge blurted out embarrassed "OK yes it's about him..." she finally said in defeat while taking a seat on one of the chairs nearby.

"Pidge trust me it's nothing to be embarrassed about"

"Yes it is! I can't get him out of my head! I mean he's dating Allura which means he isn't available.This means, logically, that I should stop thinking about him because it would only hurt me in the long run. BUT MY BRAIN THINKS THIS IS SOME SICK JOKE! I keep thinking about his blue eyes that sparkle just the right shade of Copenhagen blue when surrounded by the night sky!  Not to mention, his jokes, that even if I find it stupid at first, always manage to make me laugh. Plus, his smile...that smile...there's something about the way he smiles like... he knows how to fix every problem I have no matter what it is simply by flashing that stupid looking grin towards me! "

Shiro looked at her with a smile of sadness. He could see how much she had fallen for Lance and it broke his heart that Pidge was going through so much. It was hard being a teenager. It was harder being a teenager in space fighting dark alien forces.

Shiro walked over to her and placed a hand on Pidges shoulder.

"Pidge everything is going to be ok." He said, " Having a crush isn't the end of the world."

Pidge sat there curled up in a ball and muttered "I know. I just wish it didn't feel like it was.I also kind of wish it hadn't happened now. Shiro...my heart...I feel like it's slowly breaking...is it always going to feel like this EVERY TIME I fall in love?"

Pidge looked up towards Shiro. Her eyes seemed to grow in size the longer she stared up at him.

Shiro didn't want to break her heart, but he needed to tell her the truth. Pidge probably already knew the answer anyway.

"...sadly it will always feels a little like that...even after years of being with a person you can end up feeling...well...crushed..."

Shiro suddenly remembered the day when Adam refused to wait for him. The day he had refused to step down from the Kerberos mission for the sake of their relationship. The emotions all fled back in an instance.