Cookies and Bear Hugs

Time skip to after they just found olkarion and when they finally got back onto the atlas after being on a planet where the air was unbreathable...

Pidge went straight to her room on the Atlas. It wasn't as big as the one she had had on the Garrison but at least it looked new.  Plus her dad had built it so it was already a hundred times better.

Not to mention, she was exhausted! The moment they had arrived back onto the ship, they had been swarmed by doctors and nurses checking that they no longer had any respiratory problems from that planet. The whole time she had just wanted to go back to her room.

She walked in and flopped straight onto her bed. She just didnt want to think abt anything again. She lay there in the fetus position just staring at the wall.

Why did it have to be olkarion?! Why?!? Out of all the planets in the universe! Why did it have to happen when she was already dealing with so much emotional trauma?!?

She was already having such a hard time getting over Lance. Why was he everywhere?!? She had tried distancing herself from the boy for a couple of days but it was no use. The feelings kept getting stronger and lance kept trying to find out why she had been so dismissive. He was getting suspicious even angrier at her by the second. She hated making him angry but it was the only way right? Stupid crush... it shouldn't even be a priority right now!

To add onto everything, She even had constant nightmares. They usually involved someone dying because of a miscalculation she had made since she had been to distracted and focused on her own emotions. Sometimes it was the people from olkarion sometimes it was Lance. They trusted her judgement so much when it came to math, numbers what if she made a mistake? She was only human after all...

She heard her door suddenly open.  It was Hunk. It had to be him.

Pidge turned to face him but then returned to her original position.

"What do u want?"

"Pidge r u ok? You've been kind of idk...tense lately. You know it's not ur fault i mean...the olkarions did in the end survive and..we don't need to talk about modulations anymore if u don't want to"

"I know its just..."

"Its what? u know u can tell me anything right?"

"I know hunk its just..." Pidge couldnt even finish her sentence before she burst into tears.

Hunk looked at her with a sad smile and pulled her up in a big hug. Thank goodness for hunks size. She liked his big bear hugs.

Pidge wondered if she should tell him. That she liked lance but then she remembered he had a big caring but big mouth.

Ughhhh hunk...

She concluded that she couldn't tell him abt her feelings towards Lance...it was just..she didnt know how he would react or if it was even fair to him. He just always wanted to make everyone happy. She didn't want to put him in a hard position. It would only make him feel bad since it was him who pushed lance into asking allura out in the first place.

Lance was his friend too after all...

Pidge sat up and looked at him. " Hunk I am heartbroken about the Olkarions. Im broken bc of this war. Im stressed that honerva will u know take over the quiznaking universe! And to top it all off im also stressed abt a whole other thing that doesnt even matter! I just... it was just the cherry on top u know!"

Pidge said all of this with huge hand movements and she just couldnt gesture all her emotions enough.

"I know Pidge. But look at the bright side You got me. Im here i can make u some peanut butter cookies if u want"

Pidge sniffled amd chuckled at hunks cheesy smile.

"Plus u got ur family back now! Amd u even have a second family now! There's shiro, Keith, Allura...even Lance.. who always still seems to get me in trouble...I know things seem Grimm no disastrous and horrible and we might all die but at least ur not facing it alone We'll just...die together!"

"Hunk how is that helpful?!?"

"I know...its just... I guess it was a way to tell u im probably freaking out as much as you rn i mean we could die any second!" Hunk started breathing very hard like he was the next one to have a panic attack.

"HUNK! Its ok im here! Haha u never change do u?"

"I-I guess not ha ha" Hunk smiled but was still breathing a little heavily.

"Ur right hunk we do have each other...where is everyone else anyway?" Pidge said softly while wiping away her tears with her sleeves.

"Oh Keith probably went to train for a bit I think. Shiro's probably still directing the Atlas...um...Im here!"

"Ya i know ur here hunk! Haha Where is  idk lance?"

"Oh he's with Allura u know how the lovebirds r!"

"Oh...right...um". Pidge said looking away " do u want to play videogames?"

"Sry Pidge but u know how i am with video games. Its just not my thing i guess. We could bake those peanut butter cookies though"

"U know what...ya i rather do that anyway. Everybody is happier on a full stomach! lets go!"

They both got up to leave laughing and talking abt Pidges new coding and how good the cookies were going to taste.

Pidge of course was sad abt Lance being i guess taken...but it was fine she would get over this soon. She knew she would. Actually, there wasn't a choice she needed to get over this for the sake of the team. It was a priority that way she could think straight again.

"Thanks again for everything Hunk"

"No problem!" Hunk said giving her another squeeze.

At least... she hoped she could...