Chapter One

If ANY site tries use my story on anything other than Wattpad, IT IS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Inform me straight away if you see my name on anything other than wattpad!

Clary sat cross-legged at her coffee table, shifting uncomfortably on the pillow that's sole purpose was to keep her comfortable.
She balanced her iPhone between her chin and shoulder, talking animatedly to the love of her life as she waved around colour palettes.

"-what I'm saying is that having a gold dress would be something out of the ordinary. Most brides these days aren't going for the traditional white anymore and I don't know... gold just feels right, you know?"
Her eyes wandered to her window, peering out at the view she had of New York City as she waited for his reply.

"Clary," his smooth, silk voice said through the speaker- albeit sounding a bit exasperated, "-no matter what you wear, you'll still be gorgeous, guaranteed. Why else would I be marrying you? I mean... I guess you're funny enough." He teased, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Gee, thanks Jace. That helped so much.Ever considered becoming a councillor? I heard the pay is good." He laughed, the sound coming out a bit muffled through the speaker as he was driving hands free. "Nah, not my style, Red. An actor maybe, in another lifetime."

She could practically vision the dreamy smile on his face, as he'd always talked about becoming an actor as they grew up.

Clary smiled fondly, feeling nothing but love for the man she was talking to, and who she was to marry in a few short months.
Her gaze landed on her watch, and her brow furrowed a bit, "Aren't you supposed to be home by now? It's getting late."

She heard Jace grumble a bit before replying, "Work kept me late to do the trash.Do I look like a trash boy? Roguish good looks like mine should not be defiled by being made take out the trash. I don't think I've ever been more insulted in my life." He huffed, making Clary chuckle.

"Poor baby." She cooed, biting her lip as she smiled. She could still hear him grumbling a bit through the speaker, and laughed a bit more.

"Just get home safe, I'm sure I can lift that mood of yours..." Clary implied suggestively, mischievously smirking when she heard Jace splutter a bit.

"I love you." She said sincerely into the phone, feeling her heart burst with love as it did every time she repeated those three words.

"I love you too, Clary."

The call ended.

A/N:
There's chapter one! Short but sweet, no? :)

I see a lot of authors on here call their readers something... so, maybe I should pick out a name for you guys lmao.

How about my lemons 🍋 ?

Let me hear your thoughts in the comments... if anyone's going to read this lmao. If you do, thanks for reading!

Xxx