Chapter 30

A/N; I just wanted to say first and foremost, BLACK LIVES MATTER. I'm truly astounded by the current state of the world and the ignorance of some people, these are human lives at stake.

Hopefully the president can open his eyes and see that black lives matter, so that America will no longer continue to be full of unrest.

I hope that the families that have previously suffered receive justice for these actions that have been unnoticed or overlooked. Justice will be served!

I hope all of your families are safe and well. I am sorry if any of you have been affected by these or other current issues of the world, I am not black but I hear you. I am not black but I see you and I will speak up for what is right and what is wrong. 

I hope that we can all be back to normal very soon enjoying the pleasures of reading without worry :)

Continue to stay safe!! Love always,

~ K

Clary rushed out of the hospital, gulping down the fresh air her lungs desperately needed.

It was painful. Walking away was the hardest thing she had ever chosen to do in her life, and she had done it twice now.

It didn't make it any easier.

She could feel the hot tears prick at her eyes, fisting her hands into her hair to distract herself.

"Clary!"

She whirled around to see her mom rushing towards her and she let out a sob, sprinting to meet her halfway. Jocelyn swooped her into her embrace, stroking a hand over her daughters head in a soothing way.

"It's okay, you're okay, Clary. I have you, it's going to be okay." She whispered, calming her down. Heavy sobs wracked Clary's body as she clutched onto her mother, hoping she would understand her distress.

"Hey, look at me. Look at me, Clary." Jocelyn commanded, cupping her daughters face in her hands. She brushed away some stray tears with her thumbs before kissing her forehead.

"It's going to be okay. Everything will be okay. You'll be okay, Clary." She said sincerely, looking deeply into Clary's eyes.

"Mom... I messed up." Clary croaked. "I messed up so badly, for real this time. I- I think h-he's gone." Another wave of sobs hit her and she was wrapped into Jocelyn's embrace once again.

"Shh, don't say that. He's Jace, you know how Jace is, he would never go out without a fight. He's a real fighter." She chuckled sadly, rubbing soothing patterns up and down Clary's back. "Listen to me Clary, this is not the time to give up on him. Not now. You've come so far, my love, you've fought so hard for him. You deserve happiness and you will get it. You're so close."

Clary gazed into her eyes, finding nothing but the honest truth in them. There was no wavering of that look, no uncertainty or deceitfulness, and she couldn't help but find herself nodding to her mother's words.

"Good. Now go back in there and find him. Tell him everything, every detail. Every hug, kiss, laugh, memory. Everything. Show him how much he means to you." Jocelyn smiled, tears brimming her own eyes. "Show him that you never stopped loving him."

"But Mom... he's in a coma." Clary whispered quietly, gauging her reaction.

Jocelyn's smile dropped to a sad frown, the tears finally choosing to trickle down her own cheeks.

She was silent for a long while and Clary was scared that her mother had finally cracked, that the pressures of being her mother finally got to her, but Clary's eyes widened in surprised when her mother drew her back in for another tight hug.