Chapter 11

Clary scratched nervously at her arm as she stood in Isabelle's room.

She'd definitely... made herself at home- to say the least.

An open, hot pink suitcase was resting on the bed, clothes practically spewing out of it.
More clothes seemed to cover the floor in a blanket of sequins, fabrics and other garments as Isabelle trudged her way through it to the other side of the room.

"Sorry for the mess- it's basically my job to try on all these clothes and review them." She explained, checking her current outfit in the full length mirror next to her bedside table.

Clary nodded, folding her arms as she took in the expensive looking items that seemed to decorate the room now.

"Oh cool... are you a model or?" She asked, gently picking up a ruby pendant that was resting on the vanity table.

Isabelle shrugged, "Sort of... I guess I model clothes for some brands- but I'd love to be a fashion designer. Make my own clothes, you know? I have many ideas but I just... can't draw for my life." She laughed as she rifled through her suitcase.

Clary hesitated for merely a moment, fidgeting with the pendant in her hands before spinning  around and smiling widely.

"I'll draw for you!!" She exclaimed, bouncing up and down excitedly.

Isabelle looked up, visibly shocked before her face broke into a smile. "You can draw?? How come you never told me this?" She asked before squealing, clutching a random t-shirt to her chest as she bounced as well.

"We only met yesterday!!" Clary exclaimed before breaking into a fit of laughter.
Isabelle threw back her head and laughed loudly before hurrying towards Clary.

She wrapped the smaller girl in a tight hug before squealing again. "I can't believe you'd do this for me, Clary. Thank you so much!!" She cried, swinging her side to side.

"No problem!" Clary exclaimed, though her words came out muffled as her face was squished close to Isabelle's shoulder.

"Right- down to business," Isabelle said, taking on a serious tone as she held Clary by her shoulders at an arms length. She gazed intensely into her eyes, making Clary feel a bit uncomfortable. "-What are we going to wear?"

Clary lightly frowned, shrugging, "I think I've a leggings in my room-" she started but Isabelle dramatically gasped, holding up a hand to silence her.

"Leggings? You want to go to the beach in... leggings?" She repeated, eyebrows nearly touching her hairline with the shock.

"Well- I mean, if we're walking around town first then yeah-" Clary stuttered, not liking the way Isabelle was staring at her. Unblinking.

"Nope. Not happening. Not a chance. God... it seems we have a lot more work to do than I originally thought." She said, mostly talking to herself towards the end.

What was that supposed to mean? Clary thought, dread flooding into her stomach slowly.

How long was this going to take?

* * *

3 hours.

Clary had been Isabelle's personal Barbie doll for three damn hours.

Those gruelling 3 hours were spent with Isabelle trying to attack Clary's mane of curls, trying to pick out an outfit (although that process took longer than expected as Isabelle was very set on the image she had in her head as to what Clary wore) and lastly applying minimal, waterproof makeup to Clary's face.