Chapter 21

I would really recommend the song 'Kygo ~Carry me' while reading this because I just think it suits very well :p

Mkay bye.

Jace slowly got up from Clary's bed, padding over to the door as he crept out.

He couldn't believe he had spent as much time in there as he had.

It was fully dark now and dread filled his stomach as he made his way to his own room, wondering what he was going to say to Aline.

Clary hadn't returned, and Jace's cheeks warmed in embarrassment at the thought of her returning to her room, only to find him still there, asleep on her bed.

He pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind, silently opening the door to his room and slipping inside.

Even though the room was dark, he knew that Aline wasn't there. The bed was still made from that morning, looking like it hadn't been touched since then. His brows furrowed.

"Aline?" He whispered, already knowing he wouldn't get a response.

Thoroughly confused, he backtracked out of the room and made a beeline for the stairs.

The house was dark, but he could see the faint light of the television coming from the living room.

He made his way to the door, cracking it open a fraction as he peered inside.

His eyes scanned the room, about to head back to his own until his eyes landed on two dark silhouettes on the couch.

He blanched, thinking he had walked in on the pregnant lady and her husband- but when he spotted that the two head's both had long, flowing hair, he paused.

Squinting his eyes, he opened the door a fraction wider, trying to make out any distinguishable features.

The girl that had her back to him was blonde, he could tell that for sure.

The one that was underneath her had her hands splayed on her back, moving them up and down wildly as they made out.

Jace felt a bit weird just watching them, already turning around when his eye was blinded from the light of the television catching something.

He peered closer to the hands on the girls back, blood running cold when he realised with a jolt that the girl underneath was wearing a wedding ring.

And that she was his fiancée.

* * *

Clary made her way downstairs groggily, frowning a bit when she saw no one in the dining room nor kitchen.

She shrugged it off, going into the kitchen and making herself some coffee as she sat down at the island. She checked her phone: 12pm.

Frowning again, she wondered where everyone was. She made her way to the living room, happy to see at least Tessa sitting there.

"Morning, Tess." Clary greeted, sinking into the couch.

Tessa smiled at her, gently rubbing her stomach subconsciously as she looked over at Clary.

"You look like shit." She concluded, causing Clary to choke on her coffee a little bit.

"So nice to hear such lovely compliments so early in the morning." Clary said sarcastically, sending Tessa a glare.