Chapter 1. The Beginning

Before I start telling this story, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Jack. I'm 17 and I live alone with my Mom.
My father died when I was 7 ,fighting in Iraq.
. . .
I woke up like any other day ...
I went down stairs and ate a bowl of captain crunch. Suddenly my heart skipped a beat when I realized that it was the beginning of the summer holidays and that I would be leaving in a few hours to go catch a flight to California ,with my best friend Elli (Elizabeth).

I went up stairs, it was 11.34 Am.
I started packing my suitcase and backpack. Our flight took off at
4.00 pm.
Two hours later I kissed my mom's  cheek. She said that she was exhausted and would be talking a nap after I left. I opened the front door
and left our house.

Elli lived right next door to us.
I went over and knocked. I was expecting to see Elly open the door because her parents were out of town.

Suddenly I heard a noise unlike anything I had ever heard before, it was so loud I had to grab my ears in fright of my eardrum popping. I saw a light blue shockwave run across the sky and then everything went pitch black.

I woke up sudden, and had no idea where the hell I was. I was lying on something rough but soft at the same time.
Suddenly I heard from behind a loud KREEEEEEEEK .
I spun around and saw a huge person the size of a sky scraper standing in front of me.
It was Elli, she was so tall I had to stretch my neck back to take it all in.
Then I realized ... she hadn't grown , I had shrunken !!!