sick

Harry gets sick while fighting with Ariana..

—-

Harry

"What is this?" Ariana yells from the kitchen. "I asked you to wash the dishes before I left Harry."

"Sorry, I'll help in one second." I respond while fiddling with the video game controller. "Just leave it there for me." Even from the living room, I hear her sigh.

We moved in together a few weeks now and our different habits are still not synchronized. After a few seconds, I hear the sound of the sink. I immediately put my controller down and walk to the kitchen.

Ariana had gloves on and started to wash my dishes. "I said I'd only be a second." My voice is soft, and slightly scared.

"It's been a second for 4 hours, Harry." Her voice was annoyed. Boy do I have a fight coming my way. "Tell me you at least washed your clothes?" My head turns to the dirty basket. Ariana growls. "What am I? Your maid?"

"No! I just-It's my day off okay. I just want to take it easy."

"You think I don't? I've been working all day, and I come home and the house is like a landfill. You think I don't want to sit on the couch for hours and play video games?!" Her volume was increasing.

"Okay, but you knew my bad habits before we moved. Give me some time to adjust alright?"

"Yeah well, maybe I should've stayed at my old place a little while longer, so you could adjust to living alone." My eyes widen. Ouch.

I feel my fists balling up. Don't be reckless, H. She's just upset. Just apologize and promise to be more helpful. "Yeah well, maybe you should move back." Both Ariana and I stumble back at my words.

"Maybe I will." She puts the dishes down and slams the front door on her way out. I put my head in my hands. Stupid, stupid.
—-
Ariana

Why would he say that? Does he actually regret moving in together? Was it too soon? Am I annoying him?!

I throw a rock at a tree. Stupid Harry Styles. Stupid boys.

After about an hour of fresh air, I go back to the apartment. Harry would never mean that, he's probably beating himself up over it right now. "Doesn't mean I can't punish him for it."

When I stepped into our apartment, it was like entering a new world. The tables were spotless, floor glistened, and no dishes in sight. I put my bag down, and see a passion-filled Harry singing while scrubbing the toilet.

"Baby." He drops the gloves and pulls me into his chest. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said." Don't give in so easily, Ariana. Cleaning once doesn't make up for all the other times he left the house a mess for you. "I don't want you to move."

"If anyone is moving, it's you." He pouts. "To the couch. You're sleeping on the couch today." Harry sighs.

"Fine, I'll take it." I feel my heart ache, looking at his defeated expression.

That night, Harry grabbed his pillow and a spare blanket. He also took the tissues from the bedside, claiming to have a runny nose. "Don't try to win pity points." I roll my eyes. "I'm still mad." His silent response made my heart squeeze.

As I laid on the large bed, I sighed. The extra space was not as comforting as I expected. I liked having Harry next to me. It's safe to say that sleeping next to him was the best part of moving in together.

Outside in the living room, I heard the sound of tissues being pulled from the box. Maybe he does have a runny nose..

—-

I woke up the next morning to the sound of vomiting. My body sprung up and towards the washroom. Harry sat on the floor, hurling last night's dinner.

"Harry!" I rush to his side, rubbing his back.

"Not feeling good." He groaned, leaning against the bathtub.

"No kidding. Drink some water." I run to the kitchen and back with a glass in my hand.

"Guess this is my punishment for being a shitty boyfriend huh?" My first instinct is to shake my head but instead, I simply stay silent. Harry is by far the best boyfriend I've ever had.

"I'll make you soup okay?" He manages to nod before throwing up again.

For the rest of the day, Harry sat on the couch, curled up with blankets and a bucket. After the soup was finished boiling, I sat down next to him, holding the bowl.

"I don't think I can eat it Ari." He mumbled. "I don't want to throw up again."

"Just a little bit please? For me?" He sighed and opened his mouth for me to put the spoon in. One bite turns into the finishing the whole bowl. "How do you manage to trick me into feeding you even when I'm mad?" Harry chuckles and sets the bowl down on the floor before wrapping me up in his arms. "Stop." I mumble, trying to push him off.

"You love me too much to leave me alone like this." I sigh. A part of me wishes I could fight back but this boy has a hold on me like no other. I am his, completely. "Right?"

"Yeah, yeah." He grins like a 7-year old who just won candy.

"You make good soup."

"Thanks, ancient family secret." He looked at the empty can on the ground then smirked. I looked down at my hands, unsure of what to do.

"Don't be mad anymore. I can't stand it." His breath tickled my ear.

"Clean the house and maybe I'll stop being mad." I turn to look him straight in the eyes. They are filled with regret.

"Yes, ma'am." I glare at him. "Yes, hot ma'am." His wink manages to get a laugh out of me. Once again, I get that grin.

"I love you." His lips press against my shoulder, then he leans his head on it. "So much. Thank you for taking care of me."

After a few seconds, I look down and see his eyes closed. "I love you too. You goofball."

"Heard that." He mumbled, before drifting off.

///