Chapter 6

Javert searched the harbour  with the help of other police officer ponies and lanterns to light the way. 

Valjean watched from under the factory as the body of Fantine, all wrapped up up like a mummy, is dumped on a rusty, old cart.

That night, the village streets were full of lights and booths for the Frost Fair. 

Across the road, however, was an old, rundown inn, in which a sign was blowing in the wind. The sign blew to reveal the words "The Sergeant of Waterloo" encarved on the entrance to the building. This inn was still closed despite the ponies attending the festival. 

Inside, there was a poor young filly by the name of Cossette, who was gazing out the window. It was when she was sweeping the floor that she halted and looked out of that frosted window, absolutely mesmerised by the most beautiful doll. The filly was jealous because Eponine could experience the beauty of the doll up close. 

Castle on a Cloud Lyrics (Pony Version)

There is a castle on a cloud 

I like to go there in my sleep 

Aren't any floors for me to sweep

Not in my Cloudsdale castle 

There is a white unicorn mare

She holds me and sings a lullaby 

She's nice to see and she's soft to touch

She says, "Cossette, I love you very much

I know a place where nopony's lost

I know a place where nopony cries

Crying is not allowed

Not in my castle on a cloud"

"Now look who's here! Why, it's the little madam herself, pretending again! Oh, she's been so good! Better not let me catch you slacking!" Madame Thenardier shouted, "Your mother sends 10 bits, which can't buy a thing! Now take that pail and go fetch some wellwater! We never should've taken you in in the first place! Like mother, like daughter! You're both street scum!"

Cossette puts the broom away when Eponine enters. 

"Eponine, come my dear. Please let me see you." Madame Thenardier said, "There's some fillies who behave and know what to wear. Thank Celestia for that!"

Then, she saw a frigjtened Cossette peering from behind the wall, where she was hiding. 

"You still there, Cossette? Ugh, your tears simply won't do!" She said, "I said to fetch some wellwater. Go, now!"

And Cossette was on her way. 

* * *

Master of the House Lyrics (Pony Version)

My band of soaks, my den of dissolutes

My dirty jokes, my always peeved at newts

My sons of whores spend their lives in my inn

Homing pigeons, homing in

They fly through my doors and crawl out on all fours

Welcome, Monsieur, sit yourself down 

And meet the best innkeeper in town 

As for the rest, all of 'em crooks

Rooking their guests and cooking the books