Chapter. 5 - the Full Story

Forgive me if I got some things wrong

I'll be honest. This was kinda rushed *nervous laughter*

Remnant - Vale
Beacon Academy - Balcony
Light - 18
YN-3 Pov

Alright Blake, you seem like a trustworthy person.

YN: "nope" I pull off the entire sleeve revealing my robotic Exo arm. Blake gasps at it.

Blake: I knew I felt something weird when we first shook hands.
Blake thought to herself.

YN: "I'm not even human" I say that with a robotic edge to my voice (you sound almost like cayde), As I take off my helmet and hold it in my hands. Blake looks even more surprised.

YN: "I'm basically just a war machine with feelings" Blake's surprised look is replaced with sympathy.

YN: "and I'm not even from here" Blake looks confused at that.

Blake: "what do you mean by that?"

YN: "Remnant this planet was called? This place wasn't in the system I was from, The solar system. Humanity lived in a golden age when a sentient white ball come to the system. We called it 'the Traveler'. It terraformed planets, allowing as to expand far beyond our home planet, Earth. Of course.. that didn't last long. An ancient enemy of the Traveler, the darkness. Followed it to the solar system. It drove the Traveler back to Earth. Humanity became an endangered species after the darkness arrived. But when all hope seemed lost, the Traveler sacrificed itself to save humanity. Effectively ending the golden age, leading into the collapse." By this point, Blake is totally engrossed in the story.

YN: "because of the darkness, we lost control over the planets. But right after the Traveler sacrificed itself. It created the ghosts to seek out their guardians and resurrect them to fight the forces of darkness" I hold my hand out, Blake looks confused.

YN: "I am a guardian" my ghost fazes into existence, hovering over my hand. Blake looked startled by the sudden appearance of my ghost but suddenly had a confused expression and asked me a question.

Blake: "but wait. You said guardians were resurrected. Does that mean you..?" I start playing with a ball of Void light in my hand after my ghost flew off it. Blake looks at it with interest.

YN: "so you were listening. Yes, Resurrected. I was dead a long time before my ghost resurrected me" she had a surprised expression before asking me something.

Blake: "so how old are you?"

YN: "who knows? 17? 170? 17,000? All I know is I've been dead a long time" I clench my hand into a fist to disperse the ball. Then open it back up.

Ghost: "he was 17 after his resurrection" Blake was startled by his sudden voice but calmed down immediately.

YN: "mmhm. I like to just call it 'years after my creation' because I'm not, you know, human" Blake didn't seem to like the fact that I'm calling myself a thing.

YN: "LN's not even my last name, I don't have one. Well I do if you count the number at the end of my name, YN-3" Blake looks interested at that last part.

Blake: "what's the 3 for?"

YN: "Memory wipes, apparently I've lived 2 different lives during the golden age, because I still remember my first resurrection"

Blake: "interesting"

YN: "yup, that's what being an Exo is. You get to live different lives, even if I don't remember them. Reason why they're called memory wipe's. I'm just a machine designed to fight a war so others don't have too. I still wonder what it's like being human.." I gave into the night sky

Blake: "but you are human"

YN: "what makes you say that?" I shift my focus back to Blake.

Blake: "You think, you feel. You're not any less human than me. well I'm not human, I'm a Faunus. But you know what I mean"

The lights in my mouth turn yellow to indicate joy.
YN: "Thanks Blake, I needed that"
Blake smiles knowing what the change in my mouth means.

We sat in a comfortable silence after that. Just staring at the night sky. I decided to break it.
YN: "I think you should get going, I'm going to be here all night"

Ghost: "goodnight Ms. Belladonna" she gave me one last wave before taking off as my ghost fazed out of existence.
I put my helmet and sleeve back on and went into a meditative state.

.

.

Or well.. I thought it was one last wave. Because I see the blue circle on my tracker again.

YN: "what're you doing back here?" I look behind me and see Blake has brought her book and sleeping bag up here.

Blake: "I just thought you wanted company, besides your ghost" she said nervously.

YN: "I guess I could use some. It's usually just me and ghost, but won't it get cold up here?"

Blake: "I'll be fine" she sets up her sleeping bag.

YN: "if you say so. Also Blake?"

Blake: "hmm?"

YN: "thanks again for that talk, about me being human, goodnight Blake"

Blake smiles before saying.
Blake: "Goodnight"

With that I go into a half conscious, half unconscious state. To wait out the night.

-------

Blake trusts you with her secret, while you trust her with yours. She now sees you as a friend.

This will strengthen your relationship with her.

(I can't help but get anxiety Everytime I post a chapter c': )