Vol. 2 Chapter. 17 - Welcome to Beacon

Again?

-----<>-----

Remnant - Vale
Beacon Academy - Library
Light - 91
Pov - YN-3

The team is playing a board game of sorts, I had ghost scan the rule book so I can learn how to play instantly. But I'm not participating, I'm just reading a book off to the side.

I've also noticed that Blake has been slacking a bit during our Light training, when I go to talk to her what's wrong, she just brushes me off with an 'im fine' answer. It's been worrying me.

Ruby: "alright.. Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for for battle!"

Yang: "bring it on!"

Ruby: "I deploy, the Atlesian Air Fleet!" Yang gasps. "Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!" She makes airplane noises.

YN: "chuckle" I shake my head at her, and go back to reading.

Yang: "gasp you fiend!"

Ruby: "and since Atlas is is part of Mantle, my repair only lasts one turn"

Yang: "hehehe.. pretty sneaky sis, but you just activated my trap card!"

Ruby: "whaaa!"

Yang: "Giant Nevermore!" She slams the card onto the table. "If I roll a seven or higher Fatal Feathers will slice your fleet in two"

Ruby: "but, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces"

Yang: "that's just a chance I'm willing to take"

I look over to see how JNPR's doing. Nora has fallen asleep, Ren is reading a book, And Jaune is reading a comic book. Pyrrha cough's, getting Jaune's attention, which she takes the comic and replaces it with a textbook.

Ruby: "NOOOO, MY FEARLESS SOLDIERS!"

Yang: "eh, most of then were probably androids"

YN: "ouch, artificial's are expendable apparently" I say with sarcasm and a bit of a hurt tone.

Yang: "ehm! Not you!" She's waving her hands in front of her.

Ruby: "goodbye my friends.. you will be avenged"

Yang: "not until I draw my rewards, which are doubled this round, thanks to the Mistral trade route!"

Ruby: "bah!"

Yang: "oh! And what's this? The Smugglers of Wind Path!?"

Ruby: "BAH! BAH, I SAY!"

Yang: "looks like I'm taking two cards from your hand!"

Ruby: "HAVE YOU NO HEART?! Noooo.."

Yang: "well Weiss, it's your turn!"

Weiss: "I have.. absolutely no idea what's going on"

Yang: "look, it's easy! You're playing as Vacuo which means all Vacuo-based cards come with a bonus!"

Weiss: "that sounds dumb"

Yang: "see.. you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavenge- oh! Oh! Resourceful Raider! See now you can take Ruby's discarded air fleet-"
Ruby: "nooo..."

Yang: "-and put it in your hand!" I look at Weiss's hand of cards, I pull out my scroll and quickly type out a message.

Weiss: "okay.."

Yang: "and since Vacuo warriors have an endurance boost against natural hazards, you could use Sandstorm to disable my ground forces and simultaneously infiltrate my kingdom! Just know that I will not forget this declaration of war"