Pre-Vol. 3 Chapter. 26.5

-----<>-----

The scene begins with a shot of YN-3, standing in the courtyard of Beacon, looking at the early morning sun.

He takes a breath, a cool air filling his robotic body. Which he then breathes it back out.

???: "Hey YN!" An energetic voice shouts from behind him.
He turns around to see Ruby.

YN: "not so loud, we may be far from the dorms but it is still very early in the morning" he scolds Ruby.

Ruby: "eh heh, sorry" she gives him a nervous smile.

YN: "..chuckle, no worries. Ready to go?" He turns around and walks with his hands behind his back. With a still energetic Ruby who's skipping right beside him.

Ruby: "yup! Soo.. how you liking the upgrades I gave your gun?" She points to his Sidearm that's currently holstered on his right leg. The Travelers Chosen.

He takes it from the holster inspects it. Admiring the Black-Gold paint job and the other little adjustments.
YN: "it's wonderful. Still, the extra kick that you added to it takes some time getting used to, but the extra firepower you gave it is worth the kick" Instead of firing red energy rounds, it fires armor piercing ballistic rounds. Which YN is curious about how she made the conversion.

Ruby: "ohh! Did you find the hidden feature on it?" She excitedly asks him.

He stops walking and looks at Ruby curiously.
YN: "what hidden feature?" He asks Ruby who is standing in front of him.

Ruby: "there's a button on the right side of the gun, near the trigger. Press it!"
YN: "Okay.." he locates the button and presses it.
An orange energy blade extends from under the barrel.  The warm feeling radiating from it suggests that it's Solar Light.

YN: "interesting.."
Ruby: "I know right? But.. there's this one weird quirk to it. Everytime I stabbed something with it, some of the ammo seemed to disappear, and I can't seem to understand why that's happening.." she looks down sadly.

YN presses the button again to deactivate the blade and holsters it.
YN: "oh I'm sure it's fine. I can always get more ammo" he ruffles Ruby's hair, the gloves he's wearing softening his metallic touch.

Ruby smiles at him.
YN removes his hand and continues walking forward.

Ruby: "hah!" Ruby suddenly jumps on YN's shoulders.

YN: "what the?-"
Ruby: "onward!" She summons an orange glowing knife in her hand and points it forward. More specifically, the landing pads.

YN: "chuckle well, hold tight" Ruby's hold on him gets tighter as YN runs toward the one bullhead on the landing pads, both of them laughing.

The camera pans away to a shot of the sun. Six birds fly in front of it, flying away from the school as the screen fades.

-----<>-----

After finishing their first mission, plugging a breach, and unlocking new powers. It's time for The Vytal Festival! So join Team RWBY as they fight teams from all over Remnant, or cheer on from the stands with YN! But in the end, not everyone will survive the fall, and the world will lose two heroes..

The Warrior Scholar returns for a new volume sometime this week or the next!